Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley's Custom Seat Program

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 11:16 AM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,083 Likes on 562 Posts
Default Harley's Custom Seat Program

I am thinking about a custom seat for my 12 FLHX. Looking for some feedback on Harley's custom seat program from those who have used it. How was the quality, fit and finish? Comfort? Did the seat meet your expectations? Which pattern, colors, etc. did you go with? Any other relevant info? Also, please post a pic. Thanks in advance.

BTW, I am thinking about the Sidekick 2-up seat.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Roxshot
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't speak to Harley's custom seats but I have bought Mustang seats and added gel packs to soften up spots to meet my needs.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:40 PM
JoeTag
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

I have not used it but it sounds interesting. I just ordered a C&C seat based on the great reviews on this forum. Good luck.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Mark_H
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean by "Harley's custom seat program", unless you are referring to the dealerships that have demo seats for riders to use for a week or so to see if they like the seat before buying. As for all your other questions, my opinion is irrelevant as it will be my own and different from yours. I will tell you this, there is no way I would have dropped the coin I dropped on my Road Zeppelin seat if I would not have used it for a week first.

Just ask your local dealer if they have demo seats. Mine has a whole row hanging on the wall.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:56 PM
kwo51
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

Two inches make a world of difference.Still looking for tall boy seat.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark_H
I'm not sure what you mean by "Harley's custom seat program", unless you are referring to the dealerships that have demo seats for riders to use for a week or so to see if they like the seat before buying. As for all your other questions, my opinion is irrelevant as it will be my own and different from yours. I will tell you this, there is no way I would have dropped the coin I dropped on my Road Zeppelin seat if I would not have used it for a week first.

Just ask your local dealer if they have demo seats. Mine has a whole row hanging on the wall.

He is talking abou this
http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...&swfinlaycolor=

I have seen a few,they look ok. Keep in mind the seats are only available in leather. The stitching and the patterns look pretty good,but IMHO C&C does better looking stitching,and they are cheaper.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine is awesome, got the brawler. Pic is on my profile.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:26 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,083 Likes on 562 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. The Brawler does look bad @ss. I am real close to taking the dive and ordering the Sidekick with one of the designs. I would really like to see one on a bike and get some more feedback. Anyone else?

Old 08-20-2012, 08:07 PM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The one I saw was the sidekick and it looked really nice. The passenger area is pretty small with little padding.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:12 AM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 95 Posts

I can't figure out why the custom seat program doesn't include the one bike that really needs a replacement seat (Softail Deluxe). SJ Ron

Quick Reply: Harley's Custom Seat Program