Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need wiring diagram for fascia converter module

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 06:48 PM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Need wiring diagram for fascia converter module

I have a 2012 Road Glide Custom with the tri light in the rear fender. The back of the tri light has a circuit board that is a connector with the input side coming from the lighting wiring harness (located under the clutch side side cover) and the output side going to the license plate light and the run/brake/turn lights. The input side does not match the output side, from what I can tell. I am trying to install Custom Dynamic clusters that I had on my 07 Road Glide. The clusters have 4 wires - run, brake, turn, and ground. The lights on the current bike have 3 wires feeding a dual filament bulb. I'm thinking the converter on the back of the tri light "converts" the brake and turn inputs to the same lead on the output side, constant for the brake and intermittent for the turn signal. The input and output plugs are 12 wire sealed plugs, but testing with my meter, they don't match. The turn signal leads on the input side don't match the output side, the output side is vacant. I thought I could simply get the appropriate pins, insert into the output side, with wires to the lights, and have 4 separate leads to the clusters I want to install. The converter must combine the brake and turn input to the same output, continuous for the brake and intermittent for the turn signal. I would like to do a clean install using the plugs and existing wiring route. As it is I will have to cut the sockets out of the rear lights to put the clusters in, but I would like to do this as clean and professional as possible. Has anyone looked at the circuit board on the tri light to see if possibly I can pull it apart and make a couple of solder connections to make the input side match the output side as far as having separate leads for the brake and turns? Thanks for any input or other ideas on how I can make this work.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:14 PM
bigdog81
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever find out your information?