Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody try these, the pipes, not the girls lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 08:31 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

You are falling for the oldest trick in advertizing: SEX sells

Old 08-17-2012, 08:45 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
You are falling for the oldest trick in advertizing: SEX sells

It depends on your scank appeal...the pipes def look like Riney's and I would try em for the money. Betcha their loud and I'm getting tired of LOUD.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:31 AM
kmayHD
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To the OP id go 4" if I were you, youll like the look, and probably the sound much better!

Old 08-17-2012, 10:44 AM
fwb35
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Well I am going to try them once.... lol And the pipes, can't decide on 3.5 or 4, I have old 4 inch slash V&H that somebody messed with, the baffles are rattling and rusty, does not sound bad but I want a little louder and was told the 3.5 would be louder.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:50 AM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 64 Posts

They need some new models, The one on the left looks like a "post op"... and the one on the left looks like a "rode hard bar fly"...

Old 08-17-2012, 10:58 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Yup hanging around at too many strip clubs to get a rise outta those two.....get out more .
As far as the pipes...make sure you guys post a video of it outside and running up and down the street so we can hear it.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:03 AM
fwb35
Road Warrior

I will give them a shot, any votes?? On the pipes I mean, 3.5 or 4????

Old 08-17-2012, 01:00 PM
MrHog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a set to try. Went with the 4" with 4" billet end cap. The shop sent out the slip ons the same day I placed my order with free FedEx Ground shipping. Mufflers came today and they look good on the bike. They are very heavy and very solid. The end caps are attached with hex screws and not rivets. The chrome is not flawless. Has some imprefections when looking at it at the right angle. They bolted right on to my headers. They are very long and stick out past the bags a good 3-4 inches. I only had time to go around the block and had to get to work this afternoon for a few hours. They sort of sound like the 4" Rineharts I tried last Summer. Maybe a little bit louder. The reason I tried these was so I have a muffler I can put on for long trips. The CFRs our so deep and open that they will get to you after while. I could tell I had more back pressure with these like the Rineharts because of the baffle compared to my CFRs. I will take some pictures tonight.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:07 PM
fwb35
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by MrHog
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a set to try. Went with the 4" with 4" billet end cap. The shop sent out the slip ons the same day I placed my order with free FedEx Ground shipping. Mufflers came today and they look good on the bike. They are very heavy and very solid. The end caps are attached with hex screws and not rivets. The chrome is not flawless. Has some imprefections when looking at it at the right angle. They bolted right on to my headers. They are very long and stick out past the bags a good 3-4 inches. I only had time to go around the block and had to get to work this afternoon for a few hours. They sort of sound like the 4" Rineharts I tried last Summer. Maybe a little bit louder. The reason I tried these was so I have a muffler I can put on for long trips. The CFRs our so deep and open that they will get to you after while. I could tell I had more back pressure with these like the Rineharts because of the baffle compared to my CFRs. I will take some pictures tonight.
So you bought the 4 inch pipes from Demon Cycles?

Old 08-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
They need some new models, The one on the left looks like a "post op"... and the one on the left looks like a "rode hard bar fly"...
You said "the one on the left" twice, not that it matters. lol

Quick Reply: Anybody try these, the pipes, not the girls lol