Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno or not?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Dogs of war
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno or not?

I'm going to order a big sucker and a PCIII from Jamie at Fuelmoto. I already have slip ones. It will come premapped for my bike when I get it. Should I get it fine tuned at the local dealer or does Jamie do a good job of getting them dialed in.

Old 01-20-2007, 02:23 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dyno or not?

Every bike is a little different. An experienced dyno tuner can dial in a precise tune...go for it!

Old 01-20-2007, 02:26 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Had mine for a few months. I can tell you, you'll see a big difference. That was enough for me at the time. But if you want every last ounce of possible performance out of it, you'll want to get it dyno'd.
To answer your question, I think Jamie dialed it in pretty good. I don't think a dyno run is necessary, but for the record I'm going to get mine done this spring.

Hope that helps....

lp

Old 01-20-2007, 02:28 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Every bike is a little different, but if you are only doing stage 1 upgrades..............I really don't think it's worth the money to do a dyno tune.

What slip-ons & air cleaner combo are you using?

Either Jamie's map, or check out the ones on Dynojet's website...............either one will be good enough for stage 1 upgrades as long as the components are the same.

Steve

Old 01-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Dogs of war
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: maineultraclassic

Every bike is a little different, but if you are only doing stage 1 upgrades..............I really don't think it's worth the money to do a dyno tune.

What slip-ons & air cleaner combo are you using?

Either Jamie's map, or check out the ones on Dynojet's website...............either one will be good enough for stage 1 upgrades as long as the components are the same.

Steve
I'm going to have the Ness Big Sucker and have Wild Pigs on now. I'm not looking to get every last bit out of my bike, just want it to run cooler, better mileage if possible and have a little more power when riding 2 up.

Old 01-20-2007, 02:38 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dogs of war

I'm going to have the Ness Big Sucker and have Wild Pigs on now. I'm not looking to get every last bit out of my bike, just want it to run cooler, better mileage if possible and have a little more power when riding 2 up.
I would try out Dynojet's map - 807-216

That is for a '06 touring, se air cleaner, stock ecm, and Samson rolled thunder slip-ons.

The SE air cleaner and the Ness Big sucker have the same flow...........so they are equal when it comes to a map.

The Samson slip-ons have a 1 3/4" core, and the Wild Pigs have a 1 3/4" core..........so they are equal.

The Dynojet or Fuel-Moto's maps will get about 90-95% performance out of your bike, if that other 5% is worth $300...........then go for the dyno tune.

Steve

Old 01-20-2007, 04:12 PM
sportyrider1
Road Captain

[/quote]

Probablywith jamies map you are going to get 2 out of three, don't be surprised if your millage may drop a little ( more power needs more fuel) when you order tell jamie you would like some fuel economy in your cruising range and he will do the best he can. anything better is going to require the service of a tuner here is a tuners rant from another forum which explains how to accomplish all three

I'll tune your carbs, PowerCommander, DFO, SERT, RaceFueler or about any other system that ya bring to me...I always try to spend a few minutes with my customers to discuss their riding style and expectations...99% say they want the most performance that I can give them...the only way I can do this is to adjust the A/F ratio to the rich side...THIS IS GOING TO BRING YOUR MILEAGE DOWN...simple physics...

I see alot of people concerned about a flat A/F line...let me tell ya right now that is a good thing if ya are looking for peak performance...IT IS A BAD THING if ya want gas mileage...

An A/F line for good, not peak, performance and good, not best, mileage should look like a set of 3 very short and progressively wider stair steps...

There should be a cruise range - 30-40% throttle up to around 3500 - 4000 rpm that is set in the 13.8:1 - 13.6:1 area. This is rich enough to not harm your bike, but lean enough to get your mileage up into the 40mpg's...this will let you cruise at the 70-75 mph range.

There should be a range - up to 80% throttle to 5500 rpm that is set in the 13.2:1 range...yep it takes more gas, but this is what makes it fun playing green light grand prix.

And last there is the power range 100% throttle to rev limiter that is set at 13.0:1 - 12.8:1. This one really sucks the fuel.

I suggest the first thing anyone should look for is a tuner that talks with you the customer...it is not hard to tune YOUR bike to the way YOU want it, if I know what you want...ya might have to hang around till they free up, but, if they ain't got time to talk to you then, find another tuner.....

Sorry for the rant
GareyD

Old 01-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Dogs of war
Road Captain

I just looked up the map for what will be my set up (or close enough) on the Power Commander site and it shows 807-059. Anybody using this one?

Old 01-20-2007, 08:26 PM
sportyrider1
Road Captain

Jamies map will still be beter than the dynojet map. while stock harleys are lean from the factory the dynojet maps are a little to rich from the factory to prevent any damage due to a lean condition. Jamies maps are somewhere in the middle richer than HD leaner than Dynojet

Old 01-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Overlappinglittlepig
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Got a pc111 from jamie myself. Why don't you install the ac and the pc111 and take her for a ride and you will be so ecstatic i bet you forget all about spending money on a dyno tune.