Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower Fairings on a Street Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012 | 06:54 PM
bgdv1
Road Master

i keep looking at them, some day i'll break down and buy a set. id like to find a set of denim blk take offs.

Old 08-13-2012 | 06:59 PM
wtb3886
Tourer

I have vented lowers on my SG
I like them and I don't take them off
& I ride every day provided there is no white stuff on the ground since I brought her home in May 09

Old 08-13-2012 | 07:04 PM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I bought a set of lowers one year without the vents. I rattle canned them in 2010 for sturgis and yellowstone. In 2011 I added the vents, another Hundred Dollars. I have been pretty happy with them. I took them off in the summer 0f 2011, and have found that its just as easy to keep them on.

Thinking about adding speakers, but then I would probably want an amp, and the 107 kit is the next mod!

Old 08-13-2012 | 07:22 PM
txlen
Cruiser

Well.... as luck would have it a guy here locally posted a set of the fairing factory lowers for sale today brand new still in the box and I snatched them up!!.. got the lowers, the quick disconnect kit and all and put them on!!.. they look great !! fixing to take it for a ride in a bit and see how it kills the buffeting prob!!!

Old 08-13-2012 | 07:43 PM
LongandLow12SG
Intermediate

Damn! What luck man...I have been cruising craigslist for saddlebag speaker lids BUT, I now think that the money would be better spent on some lowers with speakers. I ride year round and the winters arent bad but they will definitely help keep the cold off. POST SOME PICS WHEN INSTALLED!

Greg

Old 08-13-2012 | 07:46 PM
LongandLow12SG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by txlen
Well.... as luck would have it a guy here locally posted a set of the fairing factory lowers for sale today brand new still in the box and I snatched them up!!.. got the lowers, the quick disconnect kit and all and put them on!!.. they look great !! fixing to take it for a ride in a bit and see how it kills the buffeting prob!!!
HOLY CRAP MAN!! I just noticed you are in San Antonio as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get rid of the lowers man they are for old geezer sissies LOL. I will do you a favor and buy them from you! On a real note man we need to set up a ride and share the craigslists finds before someone else jumps on them.

Greg

Old 08-13-2012 | 08:15 PM
txlen
Cruiser

Originally Posted by LongandLow12SG
HOLY CRAP MAN!! I just noticed you are in San Antonio as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get rid of the lowers man they are for old geezer sissies LOL. I will do you a favor and buy them from you! On a real note man we need to set up a ride and share the craigslists finds before someone else jumps on them.

Greg

Yea!!..He posted them up at 6am this morning!!.. I emailed him and he wrote me right back ... they were already the vivid black of my bike too..so I was a winner both ways !!!

Old 08-13-2012 | 08:37 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Hogg Chopps here.
Pretty simple installation.
Really like em'!!

Old 08-13-2012 | 09:09 PM
LongandLow12SG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by txlen
Yea!!..He posted them up at 6am this morning!!.. I emailed him and he wrote me right back ... they were already the vivid black of my bike too..so I was a winner both ways !!!

Well, I just ordered my set as well with speaker pods and they will be here on Friday. Now I need to find me an amp and some 6.5" speakers to get some sound in the lowers.

Does the Streetglide have a second set of channels to power the lowers for now or am I stuck having to get an amp?

Greg

Old 08-13-2012 | 09:12 PM
LongandLow12SG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Hogg Chopps here.
Pretty simple installation.
Really like em'!!

Hell yeah they look good! I cant wait to get my set installed!!! Did you power the lowers with the factory stereo or an amp? Ohhh,,well first do you have speaker pods as well?

Quick Reply: Lower Fairings on a Street Glide?