Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my boot review and questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 12:52 PM
stglideblk
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my boot review and questions

i have corbin boots and ride all year round, very comfortable, and wera like iron.

Old 01-20-2007, 01:08 PM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Please look not only at warmth and comfort but your boots must also grip the pavement well when stopped.I would probably suggest a good pair of boots and look for the socks for warmth.
http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup...A-303A78F44CDC

Old 01-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I have the HD "Storm" Gore-tex boot; liked them so much I bought a second pair. These boots are a lace up, waterproof boot, but with the Gore-tex lining being waterproof doesn't overheat or sweatthe feet. Very comfortable requiring zero break-in. You can find them on eBay for as little as $60 from time to time.

If you don't want to wait for a deal on eBay, go to the Wolverine Boot website and find a pair there since they make them for HD--they won't be under the style name "Storm" but you will find a broad selection in brown or black of different height.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:47 PM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have hard to fit feet or just want the most comfortable pair of boots you will ever have then check out Russell Moccasin Boots. Here is the website. http://www.russellmoccasin.com/main.html They are expensive and handmade but I will never wear anything else. Best boot I ever had.

Old 01-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Cowboy49
Tourer

ORIGINAL: jmorton10

Hey Cowboy,

I looked at the catalog & those Boulet's are some really awesome looking boots. I can't imagine how they are real well suited for M/C use however.

I have a few pair of cowboy boots kicking around(my favorite are a pair of black sharkskin Justin's, they are impossible to scuff for some reason) but they never worked real well on a bike. They are not all that warm when it's really cold out as they are not insulated& they're not really waterproof. Are the Boulet's waterproof???

~John
John, I love the exotics too. Have a pair of gators on order. $700 boots I must be insane.

I likemy Bouletson the bike because the low roper heel keeps me from feeling "toe down" on the boards like a higher heel boot. The bullhide they use is tough. I've wore in cow ****, snow and ice, and had them soaking wet. They are not considered waterproof but they do have a rubber sole and they shed alot of wet. I just couldn'tbring myselfto everwear so called m/c boots.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:21 PM
johnbelcher
6th Gear

I have been wearing these for about 5 years and they are incredible. I wear my jeans over them. Never deal with spray and road debris again. Great grip on the pavement and the gravel you sometimes encounter at intersections and crappy parking lots. Steel toe. They are somewhat stiff until you break them in. Once they break in you will find excuses to wear them. I expect them to last for many years to come. They will tailor them for your foot and calf size so they fit perfect.

http://www.boot.com/bwboss.htm