Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my boot review and questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 02:31 AM
Beeracuda
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: my boot review and questions

I currently wear Ariat boots and for the most part they have fit the bill. But, they aren't waterproof, windproof (they are pretty drafty when it's cold) and they are pretty danghot in the summer. I think they have done well in 40 to 90 degree temps and dry weather. I need to find some good winter (under 60 is considered winter in Texas) riding boots and I haven't been able to find anything atthe local stores. But, Iam very reluctant to buyany kind of clothing or footwearonline because of the fit,the fact that theydon't always look the same in real life as the weband the hassle of returning them if they don't meet my expectations. Somebody point me in the right direction!

Old 01-20-2007, 03:58 AM
stafford
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got a pair of the plain old black lace up work boots made by rocky that are well insulated. some good cold weather socks. The boots are pretty warm and they're waterproof wth the added wool blend socks they keep my feet pretty toasty. Probably got it all for 125.00 or so.Besides that you can work in them hunt in them and they're comfortable to walk in.

Old 01-20-2007, 06:36 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UGGS. Black. fur lined, they breath. your feet will not get cold,comfortable from the start!! I wear them in hot or cold weather!!

Old 01-20-2007, 07:32 AM
fmbeach
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm likingmy Wal-Mart Brahma's more and more with every post to this thread.Comfortable, good protection, look good oiled, warm with wool socks and are very inexpensive.

Old 01-20-2007, 08:29 AM
jmorton10
Road Captain

Hey Cowboy,

I looked at the catalog & those Boulet's are some really awesome looking boots. I can't imagine how they are real well suited for M/C use however.

I have a few pair of cowboy boots kicking around(my favorite are a pair of black sharkskin Justin's, they are impossible to scuff for some reason) but they never worked real well on a bike. They are not all that warm when it's really cold out as they are not insulated& they're not really waterproof. Are the Boulet's waterproof???

~John

Old 01-20-2007, 08:31 AM
jmorton10
Road Captain

UGGS. Black. fur lined, they breath. your feet will not get cold,comfortable from the start!! I wear them in hot or cold weather!!
I like UGGS myself, I have three pairs of them(I wore a pair to work yesterday)-I can't wear them in really hot weather however.

~John

Old 01-20-2007, 09:41 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

I've been wearing some Redwing lace ups I bought for hunting.They are lined with Gortex.They keep my feet warm and dry.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:52 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Another vote for Cruiserworks boots. I know they're waterproof but can't speak to how they are in the cold. I have another pair of boots that are thinsulate lined I've been wearing in the winter.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:34 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Still have the boots that were in style 35 yrs ago,resoled once.The most comfortable,easy to put on and take off,use them in all weather.Besides that, they a nice patina.Wellingtons!

Old 01-20-2007, 11:38 AM
BOARGAURD
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Bryan,
This is what I use and my feet do not get cold on the bike or working in the cold garage. Also waterproof so I unloaded the rain boots from the saddlebag. Not sure if you can get them without steel toe but I have to have them for work anyway. This was a great buy in my opinion.....
Jason

http://www.vanderbilts.com/item.php?iid=327

Quick Reply: my boot review and questions