Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Rear fender and lighting mods
Like it
71.43%
Hate it
0%
Looks cool
28.57%
Looks like crap! Go buy a metric!
0%
If you wanted all those lights you should have bought a car!
14.29%
Fenders that big belong on cars
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Rear fender change and mods! Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 12:40 PM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Rear fender change and mods! Opinions?

Ok here is the deal, I am installing a Street Glide rear fender and extension Fascia trim (just as seen in the YouTube below) on my FXDF along with Cyclevision bag mounts and HD bags. I do plan on installing the LED tail light in the lower grill area of the Fascia but I also want one higher up for visability because for some inexplainable reason I don't trust cagers to see me and not run my sorry *** over!
Here is my idea, the rear fender will be smooth with no light bars mounted to it. I will add this license frame since I think the LED will compliment the LED Tri-grill bar in the base of the Street Glide extension Fascia. I will then add the Custom dynamics Plasma Rods to the outter edge of the Fascia like the ones seen in this Youtube.
I would appreciate Any thoughts, opinions, input or ideas.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:19 PM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Looks good to me. How will it fit on a Dyna? Have you seen anybody put one on a Dyna?

Old 08-08-2012, 04:12 PM
HYPR
Road Master

Originally Posted by ocezam
Looks good to me. How will it fit on a Dyna? Have you seen anybody put one on a Dyna?
There's a few guys over on the Dyna forum who have installed wider FL fenders on Dynas and the 7.5" ones on Super Glide and Wide Glide versions. I know it's gonna take some work like drilling new holes for the mount in the struts and welding up the existing holes in the fender along with fabricating up a filler panel in the front leading edge but no mod worth doing is easy. After all if it was everyone would do it.
I'm a frustrated Hot Rodder who can never leave well enough alone. Been that way since 12 years old. Whatever is built can be made to go faster, stop better, handle better, ride nicer, or look unique. All it takes is time, money, and imagination, that and the entire house! My parents nightmare when I was growning up and my wife's realization that there is something she can't change! LOL!
Bob

Last edited by HYPR; 08-08-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:22 AM
HYPR
Road Master

Well I bought a Street Glide fender off EBAY which was supposed the be the fender only, a 2012 FLHX Take off for only $250. Imagine my surprise when the fender showed up including the matching Lower trim Fascia. These are totally brand spanking new, heck they aren't even dirty! I am totally jazzed and now I also have a spare Lower trim Fascia which I bought for $85 which is brand new.
Now I need to order the license plate frame and the lower LED tail light.
Bob

Old 08-12-2012, 02:30 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Yep, the fender will fit if you want it bad enough, I have one on the back of my 06 Super Glide (in my sig pic).

Old 08-12-2012, 02:49 PM
HYPR
Road Master

Originally Posted by ackman1968
Yep, the fender will fit if you want it bad enough, I have one on the back of my 06 Super Glide (in my sig pic).
Any specific step by step installation help you can send me would be greatly appreciated.
As you saw from the You tube video that is the general look I am after.
The Cavalry Fiberglass bags I now have while the bags are quite nice the mounting hardware and lid latch hardware are HUGE disappointment so it is off to make the HD FL style bags fit using the Cyclevisions mount.
Bob