Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stripped down Road Kings

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Loc_Tite
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey CRF keep in mind SLVDOUT's Road King is a Road King Custom. Not sure if you're familiar, but the Customs were to the Road Kings what the Street Glide is to the Electra Glides- Stripped of extra jewelry and trim, with bullet lights instead of pancakes, no passing lamps, different license plate mount, no front fender skirt trim, the "reverse baseball cap" trim on the headlight nacelle, different "streamlined" leather bags, and a ton of other differences. The last year they made them was '07. If you like the clean look and not the classic look you might want to check one of them out.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:23 PM
slvdout
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by slvdout
Honestly I don't know lol, the windshield has been on the shelf since the day i bought the bike. I'll go check....
Originally Posted by CRF
Cool -any room to push em further?

no and I don't need to...I'm 6'4" and these have me stretched out

Old 08-08-2012, 02:22 AM
Razorback
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a pic with the leather bags. There's more with the hard bags in my albums.... Best thing about a RK is being able to switch it up in mere seconds. Nowadays I run a corbin solo, and a forward mount for the tour pak, but for the most part it's just the bags.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:56 AM
cike
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

i've often wondered if anyone has done a RK with heritage style bags....I love the look of these bags and wouldn't mind having them on my RK. Seem's like it might give the bike a REAL classic look...then again it may look like crap, and my budget doesn't allow for mistakes like that.
If anyone has a pic of one i would love to see it

Old 08-08-2012, 03:58 AM
god61021
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oasis03
god61021 why did you come on this thread if you Hate Roadkings ?

to point out that a buddy has a nice one that is exactly like what the op wants and its a nice bike. i also mentioned im starting to change my mind about them.
I also forget its hard to tell mood from text. I was being funny. feel free to automatically envision lol at the end of everyone of my posts, i would get carpal tunnel if i put it after every joke. Im ALWAYS tryin to be funny and NEVER trying to be a jerk.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:06 AM
RK Joy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a pic of my RK without the bags, I had them off for cleaning. Pretty ugly under there with the black shocks and all. It could be dressed up though...

Old 08-08-2012, 10:36 AM
cike
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by cike
i've often wondered if anyone has done a RK with heritage style bags....I love the look of these bags and wouldn't mind having them on my RK. Seem's like it might give the bike a REAL classic look...then again it may look like crap, and my budget doesn't allow for mistakes like that.
If anyone has a pic of one i would love to see it
I found this place called ironbags.com that sell bags similar to heritage bags. If anyone is interested, they have lots of pic of touring framed harleys with these bags on them. some look pretty cool..others not so much (different styles of the bags) I couldn't figure out how to insert on of there images here though.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MadIrish
And by the way, the example of a "stripped" RK above is not really representative....that's been stripped and cleaned up and given some jewelry....like a nekkid lady with a belly ring, belly chain, and garters, and spray tan. Real deal is quite a bit less sexy.

I demand photos of this so called "nekkid lady with a belly ring" to determine if your argument is a valid one or complete BS!

Old 08-08-2012, 11:06 AM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,747 Likes on 982 Posts

Here is my strip down 07 Road King Classic just the way I like it

Old 08-08-2012, 11:11 AM
harleyposer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bare Road King

In progress

Quick Reply: Stripped down Road Kings