Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bushtec hitch '10 Ultra Classic

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Powderhorn09
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bushtec hitch '10 Ultra Classic

Posted this on the general as weel, but, might be better here. Just finished up a Bushtec hitch on my 2010 Ultra Classic and it sure doesn't look right. Pin on the tow bar sits about 15 degrees from vertical and the bushing in the Hein joint is also at an angle. Does anybody else's sit like this?

Attached Thumbnails Bushtec hitch '10 Ultra Classic-dscf2176.jpg  
Old 08-07-2012, 08:58 AM
cochon
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I have to tell you friend. I don't know anything about motorcycle trailer hitches and I can tell you that something is very, very wrong. Ain't no way that I'd tow anything with that hitch like that!

Old 08-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Powderhorn09
Advanced

That is why I'm hoping someone can shoot me a picture of their setup. I feel I'm getting the run around from Bushtec as they thought it looked right. Have not and will not tow the trailer till I get it fixed!
Thanks

Old 08-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Powderhorn09
Advanced

Maybe everybody that tows a trailer is at Sturgis! Anybody with a bushtec hitch that is willing to share an idea or picture?
Thanks

Old 08-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Fredh
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't have an trailer experience but delphi forums .com has a motorcycle trailer towing forum that should help.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:47 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

I would call Bushtec.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Powderhorn09
Advanced

Last reply from Bushtec, 'Looks good'. Sure doesn't look that way to me, nor to any of my friends that pull Bushtec trailers.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:05 AM
Ultra Rider 07
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 290 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Powderhorn09
Last reply from Bushtec, 'Looks good'. Sure doesn't look that way to me, nor to any of my friends that pull Bushtec trailers.
Have you had any luck? I am curretnly trying to install this same hitch on a 2012 Ultra CVO and do not like the way it bolts up. I had to remove the chrome frame rail covers and not sure if they will even go back. Then the spacers just do not make any sense, with them in place as per the directions the struts do not run paralell to the center section. Did you use the version II.
I had a bushtec hitch on my 07 ultra and it did not look like the pic you posted. The sales person at bustec told me that I could not use the receiver from the 07 because the version II was at a different angle. Wondering if maybe they sent you the reciever from the 07 style kit?

Old 08-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Powderhorn09
Advanced

No luck on answers to my email to Bushtec as they are in Sturgis. Hadn't thought about the stinger possibly being wrong wrong, but, the angles just don't look good so that could be the problem. It is supposed to be a version 1 kit.
Thanks

Old 08-10-2012, 08:46 AM
ClutchCargopa
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I commented on your post in the other section, prior to seeing your picture.
I share your opinion that I would not tow with that set up. Like I mentioned before, its a life or death situation and that hitch better be good, solid and reliable.
I would start to look around at different vendors as the hitch you have looks like a disaster waiting to happen.
If you do not load that trailer correctly and weight distribution be incorrect that hitch may send you into a bad wobble that you may not recover from.
I wish you the best with this but as a member who trailers as well, I would remove it, never hitch it up and go onto the street.
Best of luck with it.

Quick Reply: Bushtec hitch '10 Ultra Classic