Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memphis Shades on RK?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 12:08 PM
LDB415
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Memphis Shades on RK?

Is anyone using the Memphis Shades batwing shaped shield on a Road King? I really like the RK but want more wind protection than the factory windshield. This could be a good option.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:09 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default You wont be disappointed

with the MS Batwing. There are tons of pictures here in the forums as well as comments from those of us that have gone that route. Just do a quick search and all your questions will be answered.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:13 AM
sfmichael
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LDB415
Is anyone using the Memphis Shades batwing shaped shield on a Road King? I really like the RK but want more wind protection than the factory windshield. This could be a good option.

Don't know if more protection comes with it unless you get a pretty tall windshield, but I like the looks and they claim to have a quick release model which would be a plus for me.
Not too expensive either.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:04 AM
LDB415
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Watch Guy
with the MS Batwing. There are tons of pictures here in the forums as well as comments from those of us that have gone that route. Just do a quick search and all your questions will be answered.
Yeah, I've done the searches and get thousands and thousands of hits but there are only a few scattered throughout all the threads. For instance, the RK thread shows up as having hits. It has 101 pages of replies. I've gone through almost 3 dozen pages which is hundreds of posts and not one of the pages I looked at had the Memphis Shades shield on it. I'm hoping folks with them will post so they are consolidated in one area.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:15 AM
NELS
Road Master
Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Have one on my "10 RK with the QD feature and the memphis shade tri pouch. Shield mounted in the rear position makes the pouch hard to use, not impossible but hard as items tend to fall out. Thing that pissed me off is MS said pouch was made in USA but on the pouch it says " designed in USA made in Japan"

Attached Thumbnails Memphis Shades on RK?-img_0497-1-.jpg   Memphis Shades on RK?-img_0498-1-.jpg  
Old 08-06-2012, 10:41 AM
cike
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a OEM fairing that I mount up to my road king when it starts getting colder. the windshield is taller than the flhx but shorter than the flht (8" I think) believe it or not it offers alot of wind/rain protection...i've never rode with the mephis shade one, but the dealership had on mounted on a roadking on the floor that I sat on. i could be wrong here but it seemed that the angle of it was different from the stock batwing. it was like the windshield was angled back more leading me to think that it would put the wind more in your face with the shorter windshield that moving it over your head. I don't think this would have mattered if it had the tall windshield on it though..don't know if this will help you any.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:04 AM
LDB415
Road Captain

Nels, thanks for posting. It looks really good. Is it quick detach like the standard windshield?

Cike, that's a good looking fairing and OEM is cool too. How difficult is it to attach and remove?

I was hoping to find a clear batwing like the clear windshield that comes on the bike that wouldn't weigh a whole lot more than the original and be QD but give some hand protection too.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:25 AM
kmayHD
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heres mine with a 8" Ultra shield from LRS.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:37 AM
LDB415
Road Captain

Are you guys that have them getting a lot better wind protection than the OEM windscreen?

Old 08-06-2012, 11:44 AM
kmayHD
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id say no, not even close. Im 6'2", And when I ride with the fairing on, the wind hits me right above the eyes and drives me crazy, I cant even hear the exhaust, thats how bad the buffeting is. The bike is much more enjoyable for me with open bars, at least then your being hit evenly by the wind across your whole body. I cant run my stock windshield, words cant describe how ugly it is! Had I gone with the 10" windshield for my fairing it would be mint. LRS Makes thier shileds to fit these MS fairings.

Quick Reply: Memphis Shades on RK?