Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Seer helmet..disapointed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Super Seer helmet..disapointed!

I ordered a Super Seer Half Helmet on the advice of some of the members on this site. It was said that "this is the most comfortable helmet I have ever worn, lightweight and no bubble head look".
Well, I received my helmet today and am totally disappointed to the point that I am more than likely going to return the helmet.
It weighs a ton compared to my "Vega naked helmet" and my Carbon fiber-Kevlar ACC helmet. It's not comfortable and it's gigantic! It almost reminds me of a Darth Vader helmet the way it flares in the back.
On the plus side the helmet is made in the USA and I must say it is made very well. It's a all fiberglass shell that's supposed to disperse energy better than other type shells at impact. It has a rear strap that goes around the back of your head, another safety feature. Did I mention this helmet is worn by a lot of Motor police.
I was hoping this was going to be "THE" helmet but it turned out to be a bust. I haven't gone for a ride with it yet, I want to see if it causes more buffeting than my other helmets.
If you do a search on the forum site for "super seer helmets" you will read some of the comments that were posted.
http://estores.infront.com/superseer...ing.asp?scid=1

Old 08-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Neil
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

I am one of those motor officers you mention. Considering I end up wearing the helmet for extended periods and at all speeds I think I can speak about the helmet. Is it big? Yes it is, but, no bigger than any true DOT helemt I have ever worn. I find for a large helmet it is comfortable, but, it does weigh on your head after awhile. For off-duty riding I wear a non-DOT ACC half-helmet that is light as hell, but, not going to do much if I crash. I have had no issues with buffeting with the Seer. If you want a DOT helmet you are going to have the Gazoo look; there is no way around it. Try the helemt on a ride; I think you may like it.

Neil
RDMC

Old 08-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There is one more option. Outlaw helmets now have a fiberglass 1/2 helmet, the lightest, smallest DOT helmet available. I ordered one and liked it so well that I ordered another for my wife. Its so light its like wearing a ball cap. Its so small, a TN patrolman pulled me and thought he was going to write a ticket for a novelty helmet. Check out their website and you decide.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:05 PM
motorlessons
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First, I hope you realize that your ACC helmet - regardless of what labels it may have - NEVER passed testing.

Second, a great many helmets that carry DOT labels, are only doing so until DOT actually tests one (the relatively small number selected each year for testing, with a sizable percentage failing is truly scary).

I wear a Seer 3/4. There are smaller and lighter helmets, but none more comfortable. All day, day after day is what they are designed for, and they deliver.

Harris
Denver, CO

www.youtube.com/conedown

Old 08-03-2012, 10:16 PM
deanp1964
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll need a head transplant before I can fit into the perfect helmet. My friends advise against that though, even though they concede that there could be some other benefits for society in general.
*sigh*

Old 08-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Noble Jim
There is one more option. Outlaw helmets now have a fiberglass 1/2 helmet, the lightest, smallest DOT helmet available. I ordered one and liked it so well that I ordered another for my wife. Its so light its like wearing a ball cap. Its so small, a TN patrolman pulled me and thought he was going to write a ticket for a novelty helmet. Check out their website and you decide.
I have held an Outlaw helmet in my hand and yes it is small and light but I thought if it was ever tested by the D.O.T. it would not pass their requirements. I thought it was even weaker than the ACC helmet i use that was recalled.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:26 PM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil
I am one of those motor officers you mention. Considering I end up wearing the helmet for extended periods and at all speeds I think I can speak about the helmet. Is it big? Yes it is, but, no bigger than any true DOT helemt I have ever worn. I find for a large helmet it is comfortable, but, it does weigh on your head after awhile. For off-duty riding I wear a non-DOT ACC half-helmet that is light as hell, but, not going to do much if I crash. I have had no issues with buffeting with the Seer. If you want a DOT helmet you are going to have the Gazoo look; there is no way around it. Try the helemt on a ride; I think you may like it.

Neil
RDMC
Then why even wear it?

Old 08-03-2012, 11:43 PM
DrQ
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOVE my ACC. I figure the chances of running head first into a metal spike are pretty low.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:52 AM
stan60
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

One of the only "1/2" helmets that I've worn that does not move or try and lift while riding no matter what the speed. I love mine. Which one did you buy and which interior system?

Old 08-04-2012, 09:12 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,201 Likes on 4,407 Posts

Originally Posted by ocezam
Then why even wear it?

Because some states say you HAVE to.......

Quick Reply: Super Seer helmet..disapointed!