Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guy quit riding and bitches about HD

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 09:16 PM
greendragon52
Tourer

Received 85 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Guy quit riding and bitches about HD

Guy I work with used to ride a '05 UC and recently gave up the bike. His OL made him buy a new cage for her, won't say more about my attitude about this but anyway, we got to talking about HD and all of sudden he starts bitchin' about how HD hasn't done anything to improve their bikes. Says that HD is behind the times with air-cooled engines and belt drive. SOB thought he had a right to bitch about HD now that he no longer rides. All I could say to him is that they (HD) must be doing something right because there are still a hell of a lot of us still lovin' em and ridin' em. Guess he couldn't take out his anger on his OL for making him get rid of his bike, she would probably kick his *** anyway, so now he wants to put HD down. Say what you want, but if you are going to bitch about HD in general, don't do it around me!

Old 08-01-2012, 09:58 PM
waybo418
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obiviously frustrated. Remember, there are only two kinds of riders...those who ride a Harley, and those who want one.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:11 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well what do you expect? He can't complain about his wife making him give up his bike to buy her a car, that would make him look like a wussie. So he bitches about the bike making other excuses for getting rid of it. Just stay quiet and let him deal with being a wussie the best way he can, whatever he has to do to be able to live with himself. And who knows, maybe his wife was worth it, although judging by his frustration, I would say not.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:16 PM
btsom
Grand HDF Member
Received 757 Likes on 517 Posts

Nobody likes working around a complainer. His complaints are exactly the reasons I like the Harley. I have seen some of the engineering that goes into the more "advanced" bikes and they can keep it. Harley went past my comfort zone with TBW and multiplexed wiring. But compared to products of the "watch makers' black art" with 4 or 5 valves per cylinder, counter balances, counter shafts, liquid cooling, turboed, inter cooled and the rest, I'll take the machine I can work on and has a better sound than any of the others. Have no idea how serious a rider he was, but there may be a divorce in his future. He can blame that on Harley too.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:07 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Who cares?

Old 08-01-2012, 11:11 PM
motorlessons
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd say that for him, H-D should come out with a model that has a pussywhip guard. Hopefully the car his wife is driving has a velour padded compartment in which she can store his *****.

Harris
Denver, CO

www.youtube.com/conedown

Old 08-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Throwback
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F**k him

Old 08-01-2012, 11:14 PM
streetglidetroy
Road Captain

he's just jealous and wants a harley

Old 08-01-2012, 11:17 PM
mac0478
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Throwback
F**k him
my sentiment exactly

Old 08-01-2012, 11:30 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I can't say that I understand his frustration, I've never been in that position. When my wife met me I was on a bike, and before we got married I made it very clear that its not just a hobby for me, so I couldn't even imagine being told to sell my bike to buy a car, lol, that would be a joke.

Quick Reply: Guy quit riding and bitches about HD