Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of going with Fullsac Xpipe and their re-cord mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thinking of going with Fullsac Xpipe and their re-cored mufflers

Getting ready to rotate back to the States in a month so I've been doing some studying on a new header pipe and slip ons. Have been emailing Steve at Fullsac back and forth a few times and he has given me some great suggestions. I'm looking at either the X pipe "B" or the new SportPipe as well as a set of the Fullsac re-cored slip-ons with the 2.0 cores.

Just seeing if anyone has this setup and how they like it. I have seen a few clips on You Tube and like what I have heard so far. Steve has been great and has answered each and every one of my questions.

Hear from some Fullsac owners and how they like the product?

Last edited by Port Dawg; 08-01-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:59 AM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do we have any Fullsac owners here??

Old 08-02-2012, 07:01 AM
onionfmr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently did a Stage I using the Fullsac sport pipe and '12 takeoff CVO mufflers on my 2012 RGU. Not real happy with the sound of the CVO mufflers. Probably going to do cams and a different set of mufflers at some point. May go with Fullsac baffles for the CVO cans.

The quality of the Fullsac sport pipe is really good. Fits perfect, as it should since it is remanufactured OEM pipe. Reduces the heat on the lower right side of the bike substantially. Steve @ Fullsac is a good, knowledgeable guy. Check out the CVO Forum (CVOHarley.com) for a lot of information on the Fullsac exhaust and cam packages.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:50 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts

I have a set of 4 inch CVO take offs with his 2 inch baffles and like them. I have an 08 and with the factory header they sounded ok and most of all, a little different than everyone elses. I recently put an 09 factory catless header on my bike with the 2-1-2 design and what a difference. I think it is actually a little quieter at idle and cruising, but when ya roll it on the sound is deep growly louder sound that again is just a little different than the other guys and now I really like it. No input on his header, but i would not doubt anything Steve does.
Kris

Old 08-02-2012, 11:27 AM
berniemc
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the fulsac x-pipe and his mufflers with 2 inch cores/Great sound and perfornmance.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Energy-Dude
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
I have a set of 4 inch CVO take offs with his 2 inch baffles and like them. I have an 08 and with the factory header they sounded ok and most of all, a little different than everyone elses. I recently put an 09 factory catless header on my bike with the 2-1-2 design and what a difference. I think it is actually a little quieter at idle and cruising, but when ya roll it on the sound is deep growly louder sound that again is just a little different than the other guys and now I really like it. No input on his header, but i would not doubt anything Steve does.
Kris
So you put an 09 head pipe on your 08? I didn't know that would work, any modifications?

Old 08-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Emdog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
Kris
Hey BP1... did you wrap your baffles with the fiberglass matt that came in the CVO cans when you installed them?? I have the same set up on my 2012 and I reused the matt when I installed the FS baffles. I like the sound, but I would like it a little louder so I'm thinking of taking them apart and removing the matt packing... Just wondering what you did.
Thanks