Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When we ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012 | 08:17 AM
AJRK1
|
Advanced
Default When we ride

I am a very pro Harley person and I need to share this with people that can relate.
There are better faster smoother bikes out there and I have rode many; not owned but rode. When I ride my Road King no matter when or where there is always a point when the RPM's, wind, temperature, exhaust all come together to give me a big smile on my face. This happens to me when I ride and when we ride. Harley is #1

Old 07-31-2012 | 08:42 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by AJRK1
I am a very pro Harley person and I need to share this with people that can relate.
There are better faster smoother bikes out there and I have rode many; not owned but rode. When I ride my Road King no matter when or where there is always a point when the RPM's, wind, temperature, exhaust all come together to give me a big smile on my face. This happens to me when I ride and when we ride. Harley is #1
Oh man, this looks like it's leading to one of those "group hug" things I've heard about, I thought those were exclusive to the Gold Wing crowd.

Old 07-31-2012 | 08:57 AM
djbiker
Road Warrior

Like you sir, I have ridden Many bikes over the years. My Heritage Classic is my 15th motorcycle and my First Harley. I used to talk Harley's down a lot. Years ago I went so a Harley dealer with my Dad and they had a $40,000 Harley on the floor with two rags under it to catch the oil drips out of the cases. Sad.

I stopped by the local HD dealer after being disgusted with the local Honda dealers attitude about not needing my money. Test rode the Heritage, and I tell you the truth, this Harley is smoother than the Honda Shadow I was riding. I traded that day and have been whole HOG Harley ever since!

My Harley fits me perfectly. Perfect ride for me, and I don't plan on ever leaving this bike. I may add to the stable one day, but for the life of me I can't see why I would. This bike is my perfect bike. Been on a Harley for 5 years now, and I am a lifetime Harley rider now.

Old 07-31-2012 | 09:19 AM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member

I have little love for the motor Co but Harley does have the "riding a slow bike fast" thing down. I thought I was done with harleys a couple times but just miss the smile too much.

Old 07-31-2012 | 09:25 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member

I've never been without at least one Harley in the garage for 39 years now. I owned two Hondas back in the 70's, since 1976, nothing but Harleys, Have ridden other brands, never owned. On top of that, in 39 years, I have only owned seven different Harleys and I still own three. Wish I had kept them all. I have a love/hate relationship with the MOCO but there is not another motorcycle made that compares, at least in my world.

Old 07-31-2012 | 09:35 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member

I've never been without at least one Harley in the garage for 39 years now. I owned two Hondas back in the 70's, since 1976, nothing but Harleys, Have ridden other brands, never owned. On top of that, in 39 years, I have only owned seven different Harleys and I still own three. Wish I had kept them all. I have a love/hate relationship with the MOCO but there is not another motorcycle made that compares, at least in my world.

Old 07-31-2012 | 09:46 AM
MrHog
Road Captain

I agree with the OP. Those times when everything is in sync, you have the open road, the weather is perfect and the bike is running and sounding great! You stop and think to yourself that there is nothing like riding Harley...especially the one I own right now! I have been there many times in my head.

Like my Grandfather used to tell me "there are two kinds of motorcycle riders...those who ride a Harley and those who wish they did"

Old 07-31-2012 | 10:16 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by AJRK1
When I ride my Road King no matter when or where there is always a point when the RPM's, wind, temperature, exhaust all come together to give me a big smile on my face. This happens to me when I ride and when we ride.
My wife and I always consult each other on major purchases, but there was no way she would agree to a motorcycle. I’ve owned a lot of bikes, but I took a break while raising my kids because I couldn't afford both. When the last kid left, I was hunting for my next ride. My wife stood firm because she didn’t want to worry every time I rode off.

So I bought my RKC without consulting her. She was MAD, I mean really mad. I told her it was a good deal and I was selling it in a few months to make some money. In the mean time I was using it to get used to riding again. Three months down the road I told her I was putting the Harley up for sale like I promised. She told me not to sell it because I always came home in a good mood and smile on my face after riding.

Corvette was the exact same story.

Beary

Old 07-31-2012 | 10:17 AM
Mickey D
Road Master

Originally Posted by djbiker
I stopped by the local HD dealer after being disgusted with the local Honda dealers attitude about not needing my money. Test rode the Heritage, and I tell you the truth, this Harley is smoother than the Honda Shadow I was riding. I traded that day and have been whole HOG Harley ever since!

My Harley fits me perfectly. Perfect ride for me, and I don't plan on ever leaving this bike. I may add to the stable one day, but for the life of me I can't see why I would. This bike is my perfect bike. Been on a Harley for 5 years now, and I am a lifetime Harley rider now.
"B" engine riders are spoiled. Personally, I like the vibs of the noncounterbalanced engines.

Old 07-31-2012 | 10:22 AM
Dr.ultra2010
Road Captain

heres to good vibrations......

Quick Reply: When we ride