Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When we ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012 | 04:03 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member

Been riding since I was sixteen. I've had many rides, but nothing like a Harley!!!!!!!

Old 07-31-2012 | 04:06 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

I too have owned many different brands, and yes some we're better preforming motorcycles...can't really say much bad about the Goldwings except for the foot position just no soul....but nothing....nothing puts that silly grim on your face like riding the Harley....

The Moco leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to customer service, although I have found a few shops that really go the extra mile....a few anyway....

These machines are just flat out cool and fun....all the stuff that goes along with owning a big old Hog....

Ride safe all

Old 07-31-2012 | 04:11 PM
drukanfu
Supporter

Mini me's !

Last edited by drukanfu; 07-31-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-31-2012 | 05:02 PM
ctmedic
Road Captain

I have always been. "All is good if your on 2 wheels" However since 2003 when I bought my first Harley 1200 Sportster custom, It was all (Well almost all) Harley from there on. I enjoy wrenching and never felt like working on my NON Harley bikes was ever any fun. To me. Wrenching on a Friday evening or a Rainy Saturday on any of my haleys with a 6 pack is like an adventure.

I still believe in. All is good if your on 2 wheels, howver my 2 wheels will be Harleys.

Old 07-31-2012 | 06:23 PM
BlackFleet
Advanced

Originally Posted by oldrunner
When I ride my Road King, after about a mile or two, I notice I let out a big sigh. It feels like all the troubles and problems roll away.
The RK is doing its job.
Phil
I do this too. Every time.

My passenger thought I was getting pissed at her.

Exactly the opposite.

Old 07-31-2012 | 06:30 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Full Metal Jacket..

Old 07-31-2012 | 06:48 PM
JDHunz
Cruiser

When I was young I felt the need for speed, so I rode sport bikes alongside my brother on his HD. I enjoyed the bikes, but they never really gave me much pleasure. I sold my last sport bike and bought a Suzuki DR dual sport...riding around town, it was great - light, quick & just kinda silly. That bike out on trails...I thoroughly had fun and found myself laughing and smiling whenever I rode it. Alas, I sold it to buy my first HD, a new '02 XL883 that quickly underwent heavy mods. When I tagged a deer on it, it was as if I had lost a dear friend...but luckily it was repaired and everyone else who rode that bike smiled as much as I did. Trading that in for my EG has carried that enjoyment into my marriage for the last 7 years...my wife routinely sings on the back. When our twins were born we were concerned about costs and I suggested maybe selling the bike, but wife said that was not and never will be an option...and she said it with that same HD smile that I get from riding the bike.

Old 07-31-2012 | 08:59 PM
MYCRISIS
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by beary
My wife and I always consult each other on major purchases, but there was no way she would agree to a motorcycle. I’ve owned a lot of bikes, but I took a break while raising my kids because I couldn't afford both. When the last kid left, I was hunting for my next ride. My wife stood firm because she didn’t want to worry every time I rode off.

So I bought my RKC without consulting her. She was MAD, I mean really mad. I told her it was a good deal and I was selling it in a few months to make some money. In the mean time I was using it to get used to riding again. Three months down the road I told her I was putting the Harley up for sale like I promised. She told me not to sell it because I always came home in a good mood and smile on my face after riding.

Corvette was the exact same story.

Beary

That is nothing short of genius. I'm going to use that right now. Wish me luck.

Honey, I found a great deal on a pair of twin sex slaves on craigslist........but honey...

Old 07-31-2012 | 09:01 PM
HDRoadking_nc
Tourer

MY girlfriend bought me a pillow that sits in my recliner that says "You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office"....that pretty much says it all

Old 07-31-2012 | 09:25 PM
Road Captain

Harley Davidson: " Making boys out of men for 100 years."

Love that. No other for me. Been there, never going back.

Quick Reply: When we ride