Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When we ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012 | 10:31 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Dr.ultra2010
heres to good vibrations......

Old 07-31-2012 | 10:33 AM
oldrunner
2nd Gear
Smile Good feeling

When I ride my Road King, after about a mile or two, I notice I let out a big sigh. It feels like all the troubles and problems roll away.
The RK is doing its job.
Phil

Old 07-31-2012 | 01:31 PM
hawg20
Cruiser

Talked my friend into buying an EGC. He is very happy with the bike, the only problem is and I quote "It's hard to look like a BAD A$$ WITH THAT SILLY GRIN ON MY FACE" Funny, I knew what he was talking about.

Old 07-31-2012 | 01:49 PM
RoadGlidinFreak
Cruiser

I noticed back when I had my VTX 1300 (03-07) I would ride... I would have a reasonable time.. I would be worn slap out by the end of the day. after a year the thing didn't really impress me anymore.. Then I bought my first Harley a Street Glide in 07... went ahead and did the 103 with the cams... I would ride.... I would have a great time... after a while I would catch myself smiling... would come home at the end of the day in a good mood and NEVER thought... "ho hum" when I would get on it.... Now I have traded to the Road Glide... still in the "feeling each other out" stage of our "relationship".. I think there may be one or two things that I have to make "right for me".... but I had it right at a week and took off on a three day ride up to the Tail of the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway then home.... over all ..... I think I would have a hard time going back to a metric bike, I guess if it was the ONLY option I had to stay on two wheels... I would have to go try a couple out... but as long as I can be on the HD... I'll be on one.

Old 07-31-2012 | 02:45 PM
WetSider
Tourer

Originally Posted by beary
So I bought my RKC without consulting her. She was MAD, I mean really mad. I told her it was a good deal and I was selling it in a few months to make some money. In the mean time I was using it to get used to riding again. Three months down the road I told her I was putting the Harley up for sale like I promised. She told me not to sell it because I always came home in a good mood and smile on my face after riding.

Corvette was the exact same story.
Beary, that's a great approach to the challenge. Glad it's worked for you.

Old 07-31-2012 | 03:01 PM
Fast Aire
Former Sponsor

Ive owned more bikes than I can quickly recall & all but a couple were HDs.
Ive owned a couple of bike shops so Ive worked on & ridden mutiple makes & sizes.
A HD is the only one that fits me they way I like it.
The shake, rattle & the rest of the oddities of a HD just add character somehow.
Anyways... that my excuse

Old 07-31-2012 | 03:24 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

I feel about the same, love my King.

Old 07-31-2012 | 03:39 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by WetSider
Beary, that's a great approach to the challenge. Glad it's worked for you.
Thanks, I don't like going around her on these things, but when she gets stubborn, she won’t move. We’ve been married 33 years and are relationship is just as strong as ever, or I wouldn’t have crossed her. I certainly don’t recommend it.

There is some irony, I blew my knee out last year from running for 35 years and the doctor told me road bicycling was the only exercise I could do outdoors to replace running. My wife was excited to help me shop for the bicycle because it one of the few hobbies where she didn’t need to worry about me. Two weeks after I got the bicycle, I rode up on a wreck where one bicycler crashed head on into 2 others. Two went to the hospital without feeling in their legs, the third died. My wife says I’m not riding the Harley enough.

Beary

Old 07-31-2012 | 03:54 PM
ZenGlide
Road Master

For me, that feeling has not been exclusive to HD. I've felt "at one" with many of my bikes. I’ve found it has more to do with a perfect day. It’s when great weather, great scenery, and a great road all come together. For me, there’s something about riding into a setting sun that feels awesome. Regardless of what brand or type of bike I’m on, it just feels great.

They say true happiness is smiling when no one else is around.

Old 07-31-2012 | 04:01 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by beary
My wife and I always consult each other on major purchases, but there was no way she would agree to a motorcycle. I’ve owned a lot of bikes, but I took a break while raising my kids because I couldn't afford both. When the last kid left, I was hunting for my next ride. My wife stood firm because she didn’t want to worry every time I rode off.

So I bought my RKC without consulting her. She was MAD, I mean really mad. I told her it was a good deal and I was selling it in a few months to make some money. In the mean time I was using it to get used to riding again. Three months down the road I told her I was putting the Harley up for sale like I promised. She told me not to sell it because I always came home in a good mood and smile on my face after riding.

Corvette was the exact same story.

Beary
Sometimes we ask for forgiveness and not permission!

Oh, been married to the same wonderful woman for 41 years...nothing I do surprises her anymore....she just rolls her eyes....God love her!

Quick Reply: When we ride