Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starter will not roll over, nothing!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 10:26 AM
ZAKMANDO
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just heard from dealer my turn signal modual was fried they said even tho I don't have security that the security system goes through that modual when it fried it locked everything up. They also said my fuelpak is not working. Should I do a SERT or buy the Cobra powrpro?

Old 07-31-2012, 11:57 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

So the lightning sent a jolt threw the power circuit the tender was plugged into and went into the bike thru the 7.5 amp fuse and did all this damage. Anyone else think this smells?

Old 07-31-2012, 12:11 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brake Light switch...I ment clutch pin switch. There I go trying to be a smart *** and up looking like a dumb ***. And yes I know a power surge will not brake the clutch pin switch, just playing the guessing game.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:55 PM
ZAKMANDO
5th Gear

It may have been just a coincidence that the power to my house was struck by lightning, the zone control for the boiler burned out, the phones burned out, and my the TSSM on the bike went down all the same day, I'm sure that happens all the time what kind of luck is that. Now the fuelpak, I don't blame on this, I was thinking it was not working right before this I was getting alot of popping, I was going to replace it with something just not sure what to do. How many amps has to go thru the bikes pos and neg cable at the same time to cause a problem TUCCI stop by with your bike we'll hook it up and put maybe 7 amps ac thru the pos neg cable at the same time see what happens. Or hook it to the tig welder, i'll put 26 volts 5 amps thru it, then you may really smell something.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:22 PM
SinisterX
Road Warrior
Received 1,362 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by ZAKMANDO
Just heard from dealer my turn signal modual was fried they said even tho I don't have security that the security system goes through that modual when it fried it locked everything up. They also said my fuelpak is not working. Should I do a SERT or buy the Cobra powrpro?

I'll take that as I win!

LOL

Old 07-31-2012, 01:30 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Zacmando, i was running the fuelpak also on my bike with the rineharts and a stage 1. It worked great at first but then I started getting popping on decel and thought I was having an exhaust leak or something. I switched to a power commander V and could not be happier. This is using a baseline map from Jamie at Fuel moto. I imagine when upgrade my cams I will pay to have someone fine tune things to get the most out of it.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:46 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by TUCCI
So the lightning sent a jolt threw the power circuit the tender was plugged into and went into the bike thru the 7.5 amp fuse and did all this damage. Anyone else think this smells?
It doesn't smell at all. You would be amazed at the strange damage a lightning strike or power surge can do.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:07 PM
ZAKMANDO
5th Gear

Thanks guys I was always wondering about that fuel pak but I was new to the EFI bike, a friend had one that worked good was cheap and easy to setup so I went with it, he still runs his, I never will again. I'm going to have the dealer put a SEpro on it pick it up thursday along with a new tender and a SURGE PROTECTOR!