Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hog Tunes overhaul

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 09:37 AM
butta-bing
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Hog Tunes overhaul

Spent the day installing Speaker pods [rear], tweater pod, 4 chan 160 w amp and 4 hog tune speakers. HUGE differance!
Now im sure there are better systems out there, but im very pleased. at 70 mph volume at 1/3 very clear and plenty loud.
Im not a very good wrench, i do my own oil changes but thats about it, having said that, the instructions were very easy to understand and wiring up the amp took all of 5 mins to figure out.
Price was amp 289.00,, Rear pods 149.00,, Tweater pod 139.00 ,, Four , [5 1/2"] speakers 179.00,, Bought all on E bay two differant places. both free shipping. So 756.00 total. Harley wanted 450 + change just for the 2 rear pods + 50 to flash the radio to make them work. and that was with their own **** speakers
Would give it 2 thumbs up for ease and price.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:02 PM
scootinz
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Was that the hog tunes tweeter pod you installed? I am so dissapointed in my tunes! My dealer talked me into the hog tuned when i bought the bike and I regret it. It's a Street glide and I have the removable tour pak so I don't have rears. I would put them on if I know I can still remove the pac fairly easy. i love the look of the bike without in so I take it off when the wife is not with me. I can make watertight connectors no problem. have all the tools and automotive connectors. My problem is I don't know weather to go with a totally different head unit or what. And if so will I be able to control it from the bars? Also this $500 cable (after the extension to the bag and the holder) for the Ipod HD sells is STUPID expensive for what it is.
I just want good sounding tunes at highway speeds and have the ability to run a MP3 player easy. I don't even own a Ipod. I have a old creative MP3 player my wife bought me years ago and I just have it zipped to the bars for now. I know even my phone would work great if I can come up with a decent set up. I need to search around here. I hate my tunes and I thought the hog tunes SUCKED for the money. I know the stockers are a joke but I don't think this is much better. I'm wondering if maybe an amp will help the situation....

Old 07-29-2012, 01:49 PM
butta-bing
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the amp

The amp made all the differance,and the tweeter sucked without the rears . it kind of takes it all to balance out.