Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

footboard help

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 07:17 PM
lightu
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default footboard help

I have a Street Glide, with the chrome extensions for the passenger pegs. I'd like to put Streamliner footboards on for the passenger. I see they are available for touring bikes, but the Street Glide has a little different set up. Does anyone have a suggestion as to making this work with footboards and those extensions?

Thanks!

Old 01-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: footboard help

ORIGINAL: lightu

I have a Street Glide, with the chrome extensions for the passenger pegs. I'd like to put Streamliner footboards on for the passenger. I see they are available for touring bikes, but the Street Glide has a little different set up. Does anyone have a suggestion as to making this work with footboards and those extensions?

Thanks!
Sorry but you would have to go with standard footboard brackets. Any of the touring brackets will work on the SG.

I had a pair of standard brackets left over from my '05 RK Classic. I used those with some aftermarket boards from Kuryakyn then added Kuryakyn's adjustable passenger pegs for extra comfort for my passenger. (See pic below)

All is not lost though. You can still use the passenger pegs and turn them into engine guard foot rests for you after of course once again purchasing the correct mounting brackets.

Primo

Old 01-18-2007, 09:16 PM
lightu
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: footboard help

That's what I thought. I can deal with a new set up. I do like the looks of the chrome "s" shaped extensions though. Thank you!