Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance & hines fuel pak or harley tuner

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Tanker2
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
Question Vance & hines fuel pak or harley tuner

I just bought at new 2012 Ultra classic. Wondering about exhaust headers, mufflers and a tuner. You guys already posted some thoughts on the exhaust. Considering either V&H Power Duals, or Dresser Duals. They say the power duals are better. Going to use Monster Ovals or 4" Rineharts with which ever header. Dealer wants to sell me a turner. I just want it to run good and not really wanting to pay to have it dynoed. So thought about V&H fuel pak. Seems pretty simple. Also adding V&H stage one air cleaner.Thoughts please.

Thanks

Old 07-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Big E1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about the Harley tuner but dr dyno a well known dyno tuner told me you cant adjust or tune the fuel pack even after speaking with V&H. I would not go with the fuel pack.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:25 PM
WireDawg77
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Big E1
Not sure about the Harley tuner but dr dyno a well known dyno tuner told me you cant adjust or tune the fuel pack even after speaking with V&H. I would not go with the fuel pack.

Just sayin....

Old 07-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Terrabella
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the V&H True duels, Monster ovals with the V&H Fuel Pak. After 47,000 miles and no problems with this setup I feel comfortable in recommending. I consistently get 36/40 mpg, no popping or other problems. It is an inexpensive way to achieve fairly reasonable results without braking the bank. It has worked for me.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:37 PM
99%er
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanker2
I just bought at new 2012 Ultra classic. Wondering about exhaust headers, mufflers and a tuner. You guys already posted some thoughts on the exhaust. Considering either V&H Power Duals, or Dresser Duals. They say the power duals are better. Going to use Monster Ovals or 4" Rineharts with which ever header. Dealer wants to sell me a turner. I just want it to run good and not really wanting to pay to have it dynoed. So thought about V&H fuel pak. Seems pretty simple. Also adding V&H stage one air cleaner.Thoughts please.

Thanks
I am in the same boat as you. Probably gonna go with the Dynojet Power Vision. Seems to be the most user friendly tuner at this time and it eliminates the need for dyno runs. There is an auto tune add on that I may get sometime in the future. I also like the S&S teardrop A/C and the S&S chrome header. I like the way that header comes all the way under the frame and turns back on the left side for the slip on without any other under / middle pieces. I'm unsure on the mufflers but I am leaning toward Jackpots or Rineharts.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:42 PM
bellgnte
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Terrabella
I have the V&H True duels, Monster ovals with the V&H Fuel Pak. After 47,000 miles and no problems with this setup I feel comfortable in recommending. I consistently get 36/40 mpg, no popping or other problems. It is an inexpensive way to achieve fairly reasonable results without braking the bank. It has worked for me.
I agree. I just put the dresser duals on so I picked up a fuelpak off CL for 100 bucks. It works great and I am real impressed. It is NOT tunable by a dyno guy. However, I called and found the duals with basic slip ons works great for me. No popping and plenty of throttle response. You have to realize it isn't for someone wanting to do inside the engine upgrades.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have Vance and Hines Dresser Duals and Rinehart 4"s and I opted for the Power Vision with a Fuel Moto map. For $500 you get soooooooooooo much technology in the Power Vision and the fact that Jaime from Fuel Moto is a dyno master and the fact that you get life time map support.....how could you go wrong?

As for the headers/head pipe, you can't beat the sound of true duals....with almost andy slip-ons. I bought Rineharts like 4 months ago.....I heard a set of CFRs and I want to swap!

Old 07-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Tanker2
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Thanks guys

Old 07-26-2012, 08:13 PM
aviaator
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the LCD Fuelpak and am happy with my [very] mild build. It's true that the FP is not dyno-tune able but V&H tech support is very helpful with modifying map values in response to specific problems/issues.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:31 PM
Cruiser

I used a Fuelpak with a similar setup. It can be adjusted, but only with codes from V&H. I didn't like the way the double sided connector fit with the ECM. I suggest a PC V. They are easy to install, easy to adjust, and fit under the seat better. Order it from Fuel Moto and they will ship it with the map you need on it.