Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

road king wind

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012 | 10:49 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member

For in town riding ( prefer a cage for that). No windshield allows you to enjoy the views and show your apes, but anything over 45 the windshield is your friend. I once took my DWG on the freeway up thru the hills and a huge bee landed right on the tip of my nose and had his way with me before I could stop and take his life. Worse kinda pain imaginable not to mention the jokes from my pose....Never rode without my shield from there on. Probably why I prefer to look thru a shield than look over one, it deflects a lot of chit!

Old 07-26-2012 | 10:58 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

No windshield? What could be more fun?

Old 07-26-2012 | 11:16 AM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member

Windshield, fork baffle, fork mounted wind deflectors, it all works for a Road King.

Old 07-26-2012 | 11:29 AM
Mickey D
Road Master

Originally Posted by Joe Savino
holy mackeral - why not put a roof and doors on it while you're at it?
motorcycle = wind in your face! j/k joe

+100
I've been riding for 30 years without a windshield. My RKC came with one, I rode it once with it on and hated it.
To each their own.

Old 07-26-2012 | 11:39 AM
traylestrat
Tourer

For all the bravado from the tough guys and gals that seem to imply you're a puss if you use a windshield, I guess every policeman out there on an FLHP is a puss. I know, blame it on the liberal governmental regulations, that's it.

Here's a piece of wood flinging out of the back of a pick up headed straight for your face.
May you survive interesting times.

Old 07-26-2012 | 11:48 AM
swamperca
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mickey D
+100
I've been riding for 30 years without a windshield. My RKC came with one, I rode it once with it on and hated it.
To each their own.

Right On.

Old 07-26-2012 | 12:06 PM
Milwaukeebuddy
Tourer

Strap ur teddy bear to the nacelle. Make him take one for the team.

Old 07-26-2012 | 12:10 PM
captbom1
Cruiser
Default detachable for a reason !

Also been ridin 30+. Ride usually 80+ mph on highways (whenever possible), love the wind. The girlfriend not so much, she loves the windshield but its my bike! The height bothers me as it seems I'm always trying to look over or under the top of the dam thing. To each their own...

Old 07-26-2012 | 12:17 PM
Mickey D
Road Master

Originally Posted by Milwaukeebuddy
Strap ur teddy bear to the nacelle. Make him take one for the team.

Old 07-26-2012 | 12:25 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by traylestrat
For all the bravado from the tough guys and gals that seem to imply you're a puss if you use a windshield, I guess every policeman out there on an FLHP is a puss. I know, blame it on the liberal governmental regulations, that's it.

Here's a piece of wood flinging out of the back of a pick up headed straight for your face.
May you survive interesting times.
I don't think anyone said "you're a puss if you use a windshield", but the OP was surprised by how much wind he got on a motorcycle without one? I mean, c'mon, you don't see a bit of strange in that? As far as that piece of "wood flinging out of the back of a pick up headed straight for your face", been there, done that, avoided it, I don't even want it to hit the windshield. I don't look as a windshield as protection against anything except wind, rain and bugs, all other obstacles should be assumed to be coming straight through .....

Quick Reply: road king wind