Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monkey Bars Pullback question?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 12:23 AM
Mixter
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Monkey Bars Pullback question?

I am looking at getting a set of PYO Monkey Bars or some RSD bars etc...the dilemma I am having is that I have shorter arms. I find the stock bars need to come back about an inch or two.

1- What's the pullback like on the monkey bars? I know it lists the measurements on the website but what's the real life comparison to stock for pullback?
2- Can you rotate the bars back to create more pullback...and if so does anyone know if it can be close to stock or a bit more?

I've looked at other apes but really like the sharp angled look or the Monkey bars and RSD bars. Was also looking at the new adjustable Arlen Ness bars

Cheers,
Mickey

Old 07-26-2012, 06:28 PM
dschock
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same question. I've been looking at the 10" Yaffe Bagger Bars. You can pull them back some. Just not sure how much. The limiting factor is the gas tank. I'm 5'7" and would like more height but also a couple inches back (more than stock). I'm inclined to give them a try. If they don't work out I will just sell them. It's a lot of effort if they don't work out though. Subscribed.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:32 PM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master

Same here. 5'7" w/29" inseam. Currently using HD reach bar, help some, but if I lean back on the adjustable seatback, I have to reach for the handle bar. Indy suggest a 10" or even 12" mini-ape and rotate it back so the hands are at or slightly below the fairing. But all mini-ape I found are too wide, than tight corner becomes a problem.

The closest I found on mini-ape widthwise is 34.5", which is still a full 2.5" wider than my current HD pull back.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:24 PM
09BlueRoadKing
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another option would be is to have your bars custom made to your desired height and pullback like I did. Joe at Vindikta.com will build you bars to your specs.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:59 PM
dschock
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 09BlueRoadKing
Another option would be is to have your bars custom made to your desired height and pullback like I did. Joe at Vindikta.com will build you bars to your specs.
That's a great idea. Thanks for the link. May be the way to go. Looks like they aren't currently taking custom orders though.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:05 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm the same size you guys are and I went with Wild One's 577's, they have been great.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:09 PM
09BlueRoadKing
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya, I spoke with Joe about some custom crash bars and he said he had a really big order to get out, but didnt know he wasnt taking bar orders. You may want to call him on the phone, if no answer leave a mess. he will get back with you, tell him Sonny refered you.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Mixter
Road Warrior

They look nice

Old 07-29-2012, 12:21 AM
Mixter
Road Warrior

Anyone know the answer about the monkey bars??

Old 07-29-2012, 06:30 AM
Rmyers
Advanced

I have the 10" Monkey Bars and have them pulled back about 2" from vertical. I am 5' 10" and this feels good to me. In looking at the bars, I don't see why you couldn't pull them back as far as you wanted. Gas tank shouldn't be an issue.

Quick Reply: Monkey Bars Pullback question?