Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't deactivate security manually with pin #

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012 | 10:15 PM
bburn
|
Advanced
Default Can't deactivate security manually with pin #

Got my TSSM installed, got it married to the ECM, got the dealer to assign the FOBS, life is great........UNTIL.........I try learning how to disarm the security system manually and practice the procedure in the event of a FOB failure, dead FOB battery, or simply losing the FOB.

The problem?

I start the procedure, enter the first two numbers of my pin, begin entering the third number, and boom, the dashes go away like it exited the manual entry mode. Then the lights begin flashing so I assume the alarm has kicked in. Hmmm, must have bumped the bike and set off the alarm. So, I go get the FOB and clear everything so I can try again. I take the FOB back in the house away from the bike, restart the manual entry, get partially through the pin # and it exits on me again right in the middle of the procedure, just as before.

I have tried this 3 or 4 more times. After the first two partial entry attempts, I now can't even get the dashes to show up at all. This is ridiculous. I know it isn't supposed to be this difficult. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Maybe I will let the bike sit there all alone overnight and ponder its behavior tonight. Maybe by mornig it will be full of remorse and ready to cooperate with me.

Sheesh!

Old 07-25-2012 | 10:27 PM
RBowers
Road Master

This maybe a dumb question but are you sitting on the bike while doing this because it should be on its jiffy stand and any movement what so ever will cause it to exit and trigger alarm.

Old 07-25-2012 | 10:46 PM
bburn
|
Advanced

Update...

Well, it seems my impatience has struck again. I tried it again after 30 minutes and the procedure worked perfectly. Something must have reset after 5 or 10 minutes, not too sure. I think my original error was just trying to click the turn signal buttons too fast. I just went at a nice steady pace this time and everything went just as it should. Lesson learned I guess.

RBowers, not a dumb question at all. Thanks for trying to help!

Now I just need to learn some patience!

Old 07-25-2012 | 10:56 PM
Baxter's Bagger
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RBowers
This maybe a dumb question but are you sitting on the bike while doing this because it should be on its jiffy stand and any movement what so ever will cause it to exit and trigger alarm.
Great catch Bowers. This is the most common mistake in the process.

Old 07-26-2012 | 03:58 AM
Big E1
Tourer

Good for you.

Old 07-26-2012 | 04:55 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

"Now I just need to learn some patience!" .... and hurry up about it!