Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for best torque numbers

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012 | 07:13 AM
Mathews2
|
Road Warrior
Default Looking for best torque numbers

I have a new 2012 limited. Looking to add V AND H headers and monster ovals. Also need a tuner. Now I don't want to squeeze every HP I can but I am more interested in the torque number and cooling her down.
Me and speed are no longer good friends. Spent last four months with surgery and rehab.
Suggestions on a tuner. Power commander, power vision, fuel pak. I sent fuel moto an email a couple days ago looking for a package but no response as of yet.
What are the suggestions from some of the guys with experience in different tuners.
don't mind spending the money for any tuner. But also don't want to just throw it To the wind when I am not concerned with squeezing everything I can out of the motor. Had SERT and don't think I am interested in going that route again would like something simple and efficient.

Old 07-25-2012 | 07:18 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Call Fuel Moto. They will answer the phone.
Buy a preloaded PC-V for your configuration, A/C, pipes and then you'll have a stage 1.
Then see how it runs. If you're happy leave it alone.
If you want a little more zing, add cams and then have it dyno-ed.

Old 07-25-2012 | 08:17 AM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member

+1 Fuelmoto

Power Vision - I should have gone that route, but did not know about it until after I had my SE tuner.

New Cam from Woods- See on Fuelmoto site, TW-222 Torque Cam

Old 07-25-2012 | 12:49 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mathews2
I have a new 2012 limited. Looking to add V AND H headers and monster ovals. Also need a tuner. Now I don't want to squeeze every HP I can but I am more interested in the torque number and cooling her down.
HP/TQ will both increase moderately in a well-tuned Stage I upgrade, and you will feel less heat from the exhaust once you get rid of the cat pipe. Internal engine heat will come down a bit with a richer AFR, but on my bike it makes little positive difference in cooling yet considerable negative difference in mileage.

Suggestions on a tuner. Power commander, power vision, fuel pak.
Either of the first two from Fuel Moto is a good choice.

I sent fuel moto an email a couple days ago looking for a package but no response as of yet.
They get hundreds of emails every day and can't answer all the same day. Call them instead.

What are the suggestions from some of the guys with experience in different tuners.
I've had two PCs (PCIII and PCV) and a PV on this bike. I was/am happy with all of them, but the PV is a more advanced tuner that allows you to delve into many more settings on the ECM level. If all you want is a well-tuned bike and don't have aspirations of becoming a tuning nerd (like me), go with the plug-and-play PCV and be done with it. The PV is also PNP but unless you plan on using its considerable array of features and/or mount the display unit on your handlebars you are probably best served spending $200 less on the PCV. If you go either route, tell Fuel Moto you want their "mileage map." They will adjust the tune a bit leaner in the cruise range for better mileage, but still richer than stock, and it won't affect roll-on or WOT performance at all.

Last edited by iclick; 07-25-2012 at 12:51 PM.