Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jagg anti rotate device

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 06:15 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Jagg anti rotate device

Does anyone here have a anti rotate device that does catch on the case and do its job? I know mine didn't. I'll probably give Marv a call when I do my next filter switch ...

Old 07-25-2012, 12:08 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member

Didn't think so

Old 07-25-2012, 12:41 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

I do, and ended up not using it, let me explain. You have to place the 'Wedge' on the re-locator and turn the ARD (anti-rotation device) so it will catch the motor, then take it apart again to tighten the 1" filter nut, then put it back together again. The AR device has different bolts from the filter re-locator. They are smaller and not easy to get to for even torque distribution. If you don't get the torque even naturally your going to get a seep in the gasket. I know, after the filter being on there for 3+ k miles and you try to remove the filter, the re-locator will try to twist counter-clockwise if its getting loose. What I do before I twist the filter off is I take a pry-bar and slide it across the front of the re-locator from one frame tube to the other and hold it there. When you twist the filter the bar acts just like the ARD and keeps it from twisting. Nothing gets scratched. Nothing's rubbing against the motor, and nothing seeps. My solution, results may vary according to determination of the individual.

You can see by how tight it is in there, properly placing the ARD is a PITA and I like my idea better.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Spur56
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have it and it seems to work. I only tighten my filter 1/4 to 1/2 turn after contact. Most people tighten their filter way too much.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:26 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TUCCI
I do, and ended up not using it, let me explain. You have to place the 'Wedge' on the re-locator and turn the ARD (anti-rotation device) so it will catch the motor, then take it apart again to tighten the 1" filter nut, then put it back together again. The AR device has different bolts from the filter re-locator. They are smaller and not easy to get to for even torque distribution. If you don't get the torque even naturally your going to get a seep in the gasket. I know, after the filter being on there for 3+ k miles and you try to remove the filter, the re-locator will try to twist counter-clockwise if its getting loose. What I do before I twist the filter off is I take a pry-bar and slide it across the front of the re-locator from one frame tube to the other and hold it there. When you twist the filter the bar acts just like the ARD and keeps it from twisting. Nothing gets scratched. Nothing's rubbing against the motor, and nothing seeps. My solution, results may vary according to determination of the individual.

You can see by how tight it is in there, properly placing the ARD is a PITA and I like my idea better.
Yeah, I'm sure I'll end up doing this too. My first ride of 150 miles had no leaking but it did drip a bit after my last 250 mile ride. I removed the filter to tighten things up and the anti rotate didn't catch. I did tighten up the (3) lower screws a bit and a ride tonight will tell the results. Next time my filter comes off I'll be doing what you're doing ...