Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great dealer in Chattanooga, Thunder creek

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Mathews2
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Great dealer in Chattanooga, Thunder creek

Since this is where I Hang out I decided to post this here.
Thanks to some great surgeons and rehabilitation therapist; I have recovered nicely from my bike accident and surgery. And have purchased a new 2012 Limited in big pearl blue over black. Feels good to be back on the road.
Well we always post the bad stuff, but I had the most trouble free deal that was totally devoid of BS. From the price quote to the service dept. without a doubt the best buying experience I have had.
Thunder creek Harley has gained a permanent customer and I live in central Alabama.
From Jeff in sales to chuck in service, and all the other people there, I can’t say enough about how pleased I am with the experience.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

Congrats on the recovery and the new bike...
And good to know about the dealer, Thunder Creek.....

Old 07-24-2012, 12:19 AM
Big E1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good all around. Refreshing to hear a pleasant experience. I will be shore to stop buy thunder creek if in the area. Good luck with the new scooter.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:23 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Refreshing to hear someone praise a dealer.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:33 AM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would drive across 2 states to a dealer before i went to thunder creek and its only 40 min from my house. i cant say anything bad about their service dept because ive not used them. but their sales and parts dept are horrible. when i bought my bike i called them to get see if they could beat the price from another dealer, they told me you could not get the white w/ 103 package only a 96 and wanted $4500 more for it. they guy argued with me for 10 minutes about it. they agreed on a price for a road king for my dad but when he started to sign the paperwork they added $1800 on it, said they changed their mind on the price but didnt even tell him. and many of my friends hate them too. for parts, i argued with them for 30 min trying to get a bulb for the light bar on the front of my fatboy, the guy kept telling me fatboys dont have a light bar and cant put one on, but wouldnt come to parking lot to see that i had one, never did get a bulb from him. called to get my 4'' rush exhaust they told me they was not a 4'' from rush, and again i had to argue them. i needed the nuts to install my new seat, took one like i needed and they told me harley doesnt make a such, even though i had one in my hand. all these issues were easily handled my smokey mountain in maryville tn and usually get 10 % off everything, i have gave thunder creek many chances so i dont feel like i just got one bad employ. that dealer sucks

Old 07-24-2012, 06:36 AM
journeyman
Road Master
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Nice to hear you are doing well, got a new bike and happy!
Just remember, a dealer is always your best friend when you are handing over your money.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Mathews2
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by journeyman
Nice to hear you are doing well, got a new bike and happy!
Just remember, a dealer is always your best friend when you are handing over your money.
yes they are, having purchased 4 new bikes in the last 6 years I am just pleased that they beat everyones price and when I arrived at the dealer it was a seamless transaction.
the other dealers were not difficult they were just set on we arent dealing on price and wouldnt discuss it.
Now to get it set up the way I want it and survive the big 5 -0 birthday coming up and hopefully all will be well with the world.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:12 PM
jhughes484
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I have one quick story about that dealer. A few years ago. I went to the drag races over the weekend. From Fargo ND to ATL GA, I left Atlanta headed home. I didnt like the looks of the rear tire on my 05 ultra. I called the dealer up from the rest stop, and told them I was about an hour away and needed a new tire. When I got there they changed tires and washed the bike and I was out of there in a little over one hour. I would like to thank them one more time. I have even considered buying my next bike from them.
Thank You Chattanooga.

Jim Hughes
Glyndon, MN.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:15 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,846 Posts

I don't know if this is the same dealer as the one I stopped at about 11 or 12 years ago, but the service manager at that dealership checked my front tire/wheel (I thought I had a bearing going bad)...no charge.
He could have soaked me for some bucks if he hadn't been honest.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:32 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

You can please some of the people all the time, and you can please all of the people some of the time.

But you CANNOT please ALL the people, ALL the time.