Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Trial dog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Vision Question

Installed Power Vision yesterday. Fuel Moto closed, Power Vision tech closed. Here is my question, thought maybe someone has been down this road before: the options on my unit don't match the instructions, don't match the video instructions on fuels moto site, and don't match the instructions on power vision site, specifically there is an option at the end after downloading the custom map that gives me yes or no choice to a question about relearning the fuel etc.

Anyone know what I chose? I know I will get an answer tomorrow but if someone happens to know I will get this ironed out today. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Romingnometx
Advanced

If I recall correctly it's asking about resetting the fuel trim tables, which is the amount of fuel above or below the base program the ECM uses based on O2 sensors input. That way, if you're in Denver your bike will run well up there even with the same program as mine in S Texas, or, if I ride to Denver, my bike will learn as I go so it runs well the whole trip.
The answer is, yes, reset them so the bike can learn again using the new program.
I hope you got the unit from Jamie, mine was programmed perfectly and I've only made a few minor adjustments.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:54 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,165 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by Trial dog
Installed Power Vision yesterday. Fuel Moto closed, Power Vision tech closed. Here is my question, thought maybe someone has been down this road before: the options on my unit don't match the instructions, don't match the video instructions on fuels moto site, and don't match the instructions on power vision site, specifically there is an option at the end after downloading the custom map that gives me yes or no choice to a question about relearning the fuel etc.

Anyone know what I chose? I know I will get an answer tomorrow but if someone happens to know I will get this ironed out today. Thanks in advance.
When it asks if you would like to reset learned fuel trims you will want to select "Yes" to reset them.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 07-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Trial dog
Tourer

Thanks guys. I am setting and taking a ride. Just now cooling off enough but I am anxious to see how it runs. Yes did get from Jamie, along with Jackpots, Air Cleaner and new headpipe ordered.

Old 07-22-2012, 11:38 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,262 Likes on 4,437 Posts

You're gonna love it...!

I was running the SE air cleaner, SE slip-ons, SE255 cams, and the HD download in my Ultra Limited. I drove it cross country, and wanted to maintain the warranty until I got home.

I bought a PV-1 from FuelMoto with a tune for my set-up. I installed it on Thursday and have gone on 2 decent rides. Wow, it's like a different bike! This bike runs much better now.

I liked it so much, I bought another license from DynoJet for my PV-1 and I'm waiting for another FM tune for my 2003 Heritage.

Wish I had done it sooner......