Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Fairing Lower Speakers pics and short review

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 01:13 PM
PWFD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boom Fairing Lower Speakers pics and short review

Well, I finally made the jump and put the Boom Audio Fairing Lower Speakers on my Street Glide. My first impression is they look GREAT! I've never been a fan of the lower glove boxes. I personally never use them and most of the time one or two of the snaps would never stay snapped. I know they make other doors / covers for the glove boxes but I never wanted to spend the money on something just to keep them shut better as I've never used them anyway. I do have the Boom Fairing Speakers and have been very happy with them. I love the looks and bang for the buck I gotta say one of the best mods on my bike. Before doing the Lower Fairing speakers I did toss around the idea of the saddle bag lid speakers which seem to be growing in popularity. I have friends that have the lid speakers and they really like them. I think those look great and sound great too but I wanted to be a little different as I dont see many of the fairing lower speakers around "yet". So, I am running the Boom Audio Fairing Speakers and Boom Audio Fairing Lower Speakers with the stock head unit. My findings are.... You can't really tell they are on which at first when I picked the bike up I was a tad disappointed. Again the looks had me sold BUT what I found was once I started rolling through the gears and got up to normal driving speeds and up to 70 on the HWY this is where I found I do hear them! Just not as a separate unit. The volume didn't need to be adjusted as I have had to do in the past and yes, I find the bass response is MUCH better now that I have these installed. I guess the only thing I wish I could do is fade them like front to back or to to bottom in this case. NOT a big deal and really no need other than to show them off but with all four speakers top to bottom rockin it's made the stereo come to life. I was going to baby step and try this set up and if I wasn't happy I was going to ad the amp but I must say after three days of having them now I feel no reason to drop the money on the amp as everything sounds great.

Ride Safe.

T

Attached Thumbnails Boom Fairing Lower Speakers pics and short review-imag0099.jpg   Boom Fairing Lower Speakers pics and short review-imag0100.jpg  

Last edited by PWFD; 07-22-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:31 PM
jjpish
Road Captain

I put the boom audio lowers speakers on my EG Ultra a couple weeks ago. I removed my TP over the winter, so when I installed mine I spliced them into the rear speaker wires going into the harness at the back of the radio. Only have stock radio, no amp. The way I wired them I can fade them (back/front) and after a little playing around I found the perfect setting. I also have the booms in my fairing. They crank all the way around and yes with the lowers the bass is better.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:35 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is awesome news. I have them waiting for me to get back from deployment, but I also have the boom fairing amp. The fairing speakers are already installed. I didn't want to spend an *** ton of cash on the stereo, but was afraid I was going to end up doing it anyway. After hearing your review, maybe not.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:05 PM
risuperglidecustomman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the Boom Audio Fairing speakers & lower Fairing speakers & love them! I am running stock radio & no amp & they are pleanty loud!

Old 08-02-2012, 01:42 PM
curt5911
Novice

How noticeable is the wiring running from the lowers to the fairing?

Old 08-02-2012, 01:51 PM
PWFD
Road Master

Originally Posted by curt5911
How noticeable is the wiring running from the lowers to the fairing?
Can't even tell it is there. The HD Tech that did the install did a fantastic job. This too was a concern of mine as I didn't know how "clean" the install would be and it's great! I couldn't be happier.

T

Old 08-02-2012, 03:08 PM
FXR_Hamster
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any chance you can post a pic of the wiring ? I am also wondering how they hid the wiring as you really don't want it hanging out ? Cheers.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:57 PM
CrusingHarley
Cruiser

Originally Posted by FXR_Hamster
Any chance you can post a pic of the wiring ? I am also wondering how they hid the wiring as you really don't want it hanging out ? Cheers.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:16 PM
curt5911
Novice

Nice picture and nice bike, but do you have something with a little more close up of the wiring? I was planning on using these instead of the tour pack speakers when I run without the tour pack. What's the deal with the digital software update required by the dealer? How would the head unit know what set of speakers the rear wires are powering? Or is the software update just for bikes that didn't have four speakers to begin with?

Old 08-02-2012, 11:44 PM
KutenFLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Plan on added them when I get some extra cash (need the fairing lowers as well). Planned for it when I installed the iPod interface by getting the correct harness to do both.

Quick Reply: Boom Fairing Lower Speakers pics and short review