Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide fairing on a Road King

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 03:18 AM
Bloody Marvelous
Road Captain
Received 282 Likes on 182 Posts

The forum should stop recommending ancient threads.

Old 05-31-2021, 06:42 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 487 Posts

Or make it so that people have to have a higher post count to revive them. There always good info in these old threads but new members always have to ask something.

Old 05-31-2021, 09:23 AM
btsom
Grand HDF Member
Received 757 Likes on 517 Posts

Can't speak for the newer bikes, but in 08, the innards in the front forks were different for the fairing bikes vs the non fairing bikes. The fairing bikes had valving making bounce and rebound different rates while the Kings just had orifices to control oil flow.

Old 03-31-2022, 07:22 AM
flbeachguy1988
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road King to Road Glide conversion

[QUOTE=bigskyroadglide;10105140]i converted my 04 road king into a road glide. I have two of the four guages working, filled the other two hole with tweeters. Oil pressure and oil temp. I kept the road king tank, which i had already installed the flush mounted gas cap and gas guage, so it has the same profile as the 12 CVO. So it can be done. The oil pressure is simple, the headlight is simple. The radio you are going to run a wire to the battery anyway you do it and the connections for power are in the road king nachelle and are already there. The rest of the wiring is easy. I even have the speedo and tach working using the road king harness. My total cost of conversion was approx $750. I purchased the inner and outer fairing on ebay. My bike was black so no need to paint. Just bought a black one. Gauges were an ebay item as well, wiring was autozone/radio shack and radio came from cruchfield as well as the speakers. I still use my key switch on the road king and have not installed the road glide switch, but recently bought one on ebay cheap.

my king glide is a fully functioning road glide and rides like a dream. Now, to some it may be something they dont want to do, but i have a lot of $$$ in my road king prior to conversion and just wanted something different without trading. Once i change the switch out, no one but me will ever know its not a road glide and if i ever have a wiring problem, i will change out the harness at that time.

the only drawback, the dealer pretty much will not work on any electrical problems. He will do anything else, but say the electrical is mine.

I want to do the exact same thing to my Road King do you have some pics?

Old 04-01-2022, 11:42 AM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

There is some thread around here showing what all is needed. If not, check the roadglide forums. There is run over there recently that goes through all that is needed. Its not that bad, your changing out lots of parts.

The following users liked this post:
flbeachguy1988 (04-01-2022)