Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rc components excalibur vs. rinehart 4"

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012 | 11:27 AM
Kebo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by iride1
I have the excalibur on my Limited. I like them, and many people have told me they like the look and sound of the pipes. Deep, melow sound, not too loud, rineharts are a little louder. As soon as I change the head pipes out and get rid of the cat, they will probably sound about the same.
+1........I have them on my limited as well.

Old 07-31-2012 | 10:06 AM
2mOOn
Advanced

I just installed a set of the Excalibur mufflers with the Gatlin end caps and was wondering if anyone has removed the baffle wraps? Any difference in sound?

Would really like to know how to get the baffles out so I can try it for myself.

Thanks for any insight.

©¿©

Old 07-31-2012 | 12:48 PM
SGLarry
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 2mOOn
I just installed a set of the Excalibur mufflers with the Gatlin end caps and was wondering if anyone has removed the baffle wraps? Any difference in sound?

Would really like to know how to get the baffles out so I can try it for myself.

Thanks for any insight.

©¿©
There is no baffle wrap...

Old 07-31-2012 | 01:11 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by mikelikesbikes
Do yourself a favor and search on ebay. I have bought a lot of stuff from Eastern Performance. They retail for 5 bones but I got them from EP for $379.00 TTD.
I see em for $420 from there:
http://www.easternperformance.com/pr...Harley-Touring

Old 07-31-2012 | 01:15 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by SGLarry
There is no baffle wrap...
So your saying the baffles are not wrapped from the factory? Im seeing these in 2 1/2" baffles in the 4" size. The 3 1/2" have the 2 1/4" I think?

Old 07-31-2012 | 06:54 PM
2mOOn
Advanced

Interesting. All the literature I've read suggests that the baffles and/or wrap can be removed for different sound etc.

Is there a trick to getting the baffles out? Grease them up with WD40? Pull them out from the tail end? It doesn't appear that you can get a grip on them from that end. Or perhaps push them out from the inlet end?

©¿©

Old 07-31-2012 | 07:32 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior

I just got a set of the RC pipes from ebay. Perfect chrome, very impressed. I emailed RC and they will warranty the chrome for ANY discoloration for one year (Rineharts told me NO warranty for discolor). Mufflers sound great, just a tad quiet, but when I gut the cat I imagine it will be just right. Got mine for $389 with free shipping from TITAN CYCLE CUSTOMS. Very, very happy with purchase!
Jerry

FYI, RC told me that only their 3.5" pipes had the wrap, 4' does not. They also said their baffle warranty would be voided if you removed the baffles, said they are very hard to re-install.

Last edited by Jerry L; 07-31-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-31-2012 | 07:38 PM
2mOOn
Advanced

Thanks for the response JerryL. Exactly the info I was looking for.

©¿©

Old 07-31-2012 | 07:43 PM
SGLarry
Road Captain

The 3-1/2 nd 4" mufflers both come with 2-1/4" baffles...I have the 4"...they were a little loud (for my taste) on my cat-less '09 (2010's and up will be mellower and not as loud), so I e-mailed RC anfd inquired about the baffles being wrapped or not wrapped and they told me the 4"r's are NOT wrapped. Sooo, I removed them to wrap w/ fmf packing material and they are indeed NOT wrapped. To remove the baffles I took off the tips, then unscrewed the allen head bolt that secures the baffle. I then put a 1x6 piece of wood on the cement floor of the garage and "carefully" slammed the open back end of the muffler onto the 1x6 to loosen the baffle. Once it is loosened, you can take an object small enough to fit into the inlet portion of the muffler body and strike that end of the baffle with a hammer and it pops right out the other end. You can then wrap the baffle with the packing of your choice(ie: silent sport, fmf, etc) the wrap will knock off a few db''s and mellow it a bit. I have eventually ended up with the right hand side wrapped and the left side un-wrapped and I'm happy with it. :-)

Last edited by SGLarry; 07-31-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-31-2012 | 07:44 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Not to through you a curve but Freedom Performance makes some quality pipes. I have their 4" racing True Duals. Very nice. I read last week on here that they bought V&H. Don't know if it was true.

Last edited by golfblues; 07-31-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Quick Reply: rc components excalibur vs. rinehart 4"