Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5 Day Northern WI Ride.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012 | 09:51 PM
W.P.
|
Cruiser
Default 5 Day Northern WI Ride.

We rode some great roads and saw lots of cool and beautiful things.
Here's a few pics.

Last edited by W.P.; 04-07-2017 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-19-2012 | 09:56 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member

Glad you enjoyed your ride. Where you from?

Did you sit in the rocking chair in Boulder Junction?

Old 07-19-2012 | 10:42 PM
W.P.
|
Cruiser

[QUOTE=Ron750;10095289]Glad you enjoyed your ride. Where you from?

Did you sit in the rocking chair in Boulder Junction?

Were from the Appleton area. We missed the chair (Bummer) we like fun things like that.
I've been up that way a bunch but really never just went out and explored the national forests and surrounding county roads, what a treat and only a few hrs. from home. Those are great riding areas. Really got to slow down and be on your toes though with all the deer, must have seen a couple dozen and we only rode during the day. I'm thinking later this year a fall color ride is a must.

Old 07-20-2012 | 08:54 PM
EC Rider
Cruiser

We ride up that way a lot! If you are looking at a fall ride, check out the Tomahawk Fall Ride. It's in the middle of September and there is usally some pretty good color! Head to Tim's Hill too. It's the highest elevation point in WI and it a nice ride to it. I don't know the exact date for the Tomahawk event, but if you Google it check out the website. Tons of vendors, tons of bikes, great bands...pretty much a mini-Sturgis! And Tim's Hill is only about a 1/2 hour ride from there!

Old 07-20-2012 | 08:58 PM
Coolhawg6622
Road Master

Tomahawk starts 9/12 and goes to 9/16.....never miss it.....headed to st germaine next friday morn....alot of good roads up there......

Old 07-20-2012 | 09:41 PM
drukanfu
Supporter

I like to travel out of state, but Good ole Wisconsin has alot of great roads as well as interesting places....Man, I sound like a Wi. Tourism agent ! And the deer are Vicious!

Old 07-20-2012 | 10:23 PM
Geezer glider
Tourer

Next ride out, take 29 west from Green Bay. If you don't stay too long at Timeline eating BBQ, go north on 55, it runs along the wolf river, it will take you all the way to Upper Michigan but you can head west on 70. Once past Minoqua, you'll find plenty of roads running thru state and federal forests. Watch your fill ups, not a lot of gas stations once past the vacation areas. Last year, me and the wife rode all the way around Wisconsin in 3 days, really neat to see the expanse of the woods, get west toward the Mississippi, totally different scenery along the river. Come back eastward by LaCrosse, the hilly farmlands are neat, really different is you ride around the Amish area's. Then of course, you have the flatlands on the southern and middle section of the state. For anyone that lives in Wisconsin and says it's boring, go to Iowa or Illinois (no real offense meant)

Old 07-20-2012 | 10:31 PM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

what nothing about the Apostle Isl....bayfield to madalin then take the road around island....northern wis has alot great roads....GG out of hayward is great road too

Old 07-20-2012 | 11:21 PM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior

Geez, I hope you made it down K toward (and past) Star Lake while you were there... Best road up there all the way from just south of Boulder Junction to Conover. But there are soooo many awesome roads up there...

I was going nuts this year - I stay on White Birch (yes, on K) every year and this year was the first year in a long time that I didn't have my bike. Drove me absolutely nuts.

Old 07-20-2012 | 11:25 PM
Sweetbaboo
Road Master

Ah, the great Northwoods. Here in Wisconsin we are definitely blessed with some beautiful ride options. Packing a lunch and riding to Eau Claire Dells, just east of Wausau, has become a Fall ritual for me.

Last edited by Sweetbaboo; 07-20-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Quick Reply: 5 Day Northern WI Ride.