Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Seat Thread....

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 11:49 PM
edge540steve
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Seat Thread....

I have a '12 Ultra Limited and my *** hurts. Ive put over 5000 miles on in 2 months and the stock seat has to go. I burned 600 miles of twisty roads solo on Sunday in a 12 hour stretch with only fuel breaks and by the time I got home I was sure my hip bones were sticking out of my jeans.

Looking for a good solo seat that will move me back a couple inches and down a little. (I feel like im on riding the tank)

Wide short passenger pillion. I want the best comfort for the wife for long rides but want to lower her 2-4 inches from the stock seat height. She is tall and catches alot of air.

Im looking at mustangs but there technical support girl basically told me that they couldn't help me.... She was very friendly but about as ignorant as you can get about there products.

I also want a "Driver" back rest.

What is working for you guys? Im not gonna spend $2500 on some crazy seat but a grand is reasonable.

Any of the HD seats good or are they all as lame as the stock seat?

Steve

Old 07-17-2012, 11:55 PM
edge540steve
Cruiser

Looking at one of these and a Pillion

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/802-369

Old 07-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Baxter's Bagger
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

First, I think the answer to your wife's problem of catching too much air because she's tall is not going to be answered by lowering her seat a couple of inches. That will just create a new problem of cramped in legs even with lowered passenger footrests. Attack the problem with a different windshield, such as a wide re-curve, and see if that helps.

If you're going to be burning 600 mile days on a regular basis the stock seat will not work for you. The HD Tallboy seat will sit you back a good 2", but it's not a long haul seat. What worked for me is the Road Zeppelin seat with the Harley adjustable backrest. 600 miles equals 10-12 hours in the saddle and your seat should have the capability to change your seating position several times an hour. The air ride adjustable seat and adjustable backrest can do that. Plus the wife will get her own air controls for the passenger seat. You may well want to move the Tour-pac back a couple of inches as well.
This is just works for me. Everyone is different, so try before you buy. If you were closer I'd sure let you try this combination out.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:08 AM
WildBill2566
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used LePera on my last 3 bikes, and even at half a century I can still manage the odd 600 mile day.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

You wanna move back, down, AND be comfortable. OK, I'll subscribe. I just did the Danny Grey Big Seat. Definitely did the first two but not so sure about the last. Backrest seems a little lacking too. I think I can get a little more adjustment to the backrest and I may have gel installed to see if it helps.

Another thought I've had is sending the stocker to Mean City.
C&C is what I really wanted but got a much better deal on the DG.
There is a guy on here that just traded his C&C for a Corbin and says he is in heaven. He still sings the praises of C&C but likes his Corbin better.

Anyway, hope I might've been a tad helpful and I'll keep an eye out in here...

Old 07-18-2012, 03:42 PM
edge540steve
Cruiser

Thanks
Been looking at the Road Zeppelin.
I have a wide 8' re-curve but would like to get her own on something shorter like a street-glide seat with better foam.

Any other suggestions?

Old 07-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Airborne06
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by edge540steve
I have a '12 Ultra Limited and my *** hurts. Ive put over 5000 miles on in 2 months and the stock seat has to go. I burned 600 miles of twisty roads solo on Sunday in a 12 hour stretch with only fuel breaks and by the time I got home I was sure my hip bones were sticking out of my jeans.

Looking for a good solo seat that will move me back a couple inches and down a little. (I feel like im on riding the tank)

Wide short passenger pillion. I want the best comfort for the wife for long rides but want to lower her 2-4 inches from the stock seat height. She is tall and catches alot of air.

Im looking at mustangs but there technical support girl basically told me that they couldn't help me.... She was very friendly but about as ignorant as you can get about there products.

What is working for you guys? Im not gonna spend $2500 on some crazy seat but a grand is reasonable.

Any of the HD seats good or are they all as lame as the stock seat?

Steve
I have the Harley Sundowner seat, and I'm really happy with it. I also have been told the new harley hammock seat is pretty good, but I can't give any first-hand info on that.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:53 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Corbin

Old 07-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by edge540steve

Im looking at mustangs ........................

........................HD seats good or are they all as lame as the stock seat?

Steve
I may have just bought a Mustang seat that fit's your description:
http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/...iamond-Pattern
I bought mine through http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/mu...r/part/M-79725 and saved some major dollars.

Here's a thread I did about it: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...h-pattern.html

Photo album here: http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t...012/?start=all

and here: http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t...olo/?start=all

The only HD seat worth mentioning is the "Driver and Pasenger Hammock"
But I don't think that's what you want, nice comfy seat though and not as big as your stocker.

Photo album with the Hammock: http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t...012/?start=all

Last edited by Texas Fat Boy; 07-18-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

[QUOTE=Texas Fat Boy;10088777]I may have just bought a Mustang seat that fit's your description:

That is really nice looking. When do we get a review?

Quick Reply: Another Seat Thread....