Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

york tour

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 06:59 AM
01heritage
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default york tour

did the York plant tour yesterday,was really nice.I was REALLY impressed,got to see the touring and softail bikes,was a modified tour since the new ones are going to be coming out..Tour guide said that THEY didn't even know what was coming out in the 2013 models yet....made me wonder why they couldn't have the "steel toe tour" then...hopefully the pic I try to post works .If you notice I have sandals on.. not allowed to wear these inside.I figured if it was a basic tour it would be ok..IT'S NOT..had to go to a local store for a cheap pair of shoes that cover my feet...we received a nice pin(free) and spent lots of money in the gift shop at the end..This is a nice tour to take but I will be making a trip to do the steel toe tour another time...

Attached Thumbnails york tour-007.jpg  
Old 07-17-2012, 07:36 AM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Did a ride up to York earlier this year and did the steel toe tour. It is definitely worth the extra charge. It was a comprehensive tour that took about 2 hours. It was fun to see where my RKC was "born."

Old 07-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Robert_W
Tourer

I've been to the York tour several times, but not recently. I would always wear closed toe shoes. What is the "steel toe tour"?

Ride safe,

Bob.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:16 PM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 01heritage
did the York plant tour yesterday,was really nice.I was REALLY impressed,got to see the touring and softail bikes,was a modified tour since the new ones are going to be coming out..Tour guide said that THEY didn't even know what was coming out in the 2013 models yet....made me wonder why they couldn't have the "steel toe tour" then...hopefully the pic I try to post works .If you notice I have sandals on.. not allowed to wear these inside.I figured if it was a basic tour it would be ok..IT'S NOT..had to go to a local store for a cheap pair of shoes that cover my feet...we received a nice pin(free) and spent lots of money in the gift shop at the end..This is a nice tour to take but I will be making a trip to do the steel toe tour another time...
So is that a 55 -56 t bird? gorgeous car

Old 07-17-2012, 12:20 PM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 01heritage
the wife and i was going to do that tour 7-5-6-12 call the phone number and it told me bascially there would be no "live " tour between 6-1 8-13 so i wasn't going to ride 4.5 hrs one way for a gift shop.gonna see later in the year.i guess they think if you rode your bike there you wouldn't have sandals on

Old 07-17-2012, 07:22 PM
SUPRPIG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robert_W
I've been to the York tour several times, but not recently. I would always wear closed toe shoes. What is the "steel toe tour"?

Ride safe,

Bob.
Steel Toe tour is new money maker. Extended tour with access to areas not usually visited in the regular tour with greater explanations of process. They take a Photo of you, give you a universal fit orange vest, and a pin with a discount in the store for one item. Requires prior call in appointment and cost is ... I believe it was like $35. Did the tour earlier this year and worth it if you want the greater exposure to manufacturing process. My group was only 4 people.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:44 PM
01heritage
Cruiser

jerseyjeff,,,thanks, it's a 55 and have both hard and rag top for it also picked up a continental kit for it,,they didn't come stock on 55 but got a good price ..

Old 07-17-2012, 08:41 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Knew they had, and have taken it, the steel toe tour in WI at the engine plant but didnt know they offered one at York. cool.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Hecklerboy
Road Warrior
Received 893 Likes on 387 Posts

Modified my vacation ride last week and rode up to York and took the same tour. Definitely going back in Sept. to do the Steel Toe Tour.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Bushy
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Steel toe tour was well worth the money,, would do it again