Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tall boy/Touring Pack

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 06:35 AM
Challenger
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Tall boy/Touring Pack

I put on a tallboy seat to try out and so far love it but it takes away room for the passenger.

Since a different/smaller wife is not an option, is it possible to slide the tour pack back a smidge to give her more room? I just dont see anywhere to adjust?

Old 07-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Romingnometx
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is an inch of adjustment on the 09 and newer bikes, don't know about the older ones. I had to use a plate to move the tourpak back further so she has more room, now her calves hit the bag guards and I'm shopping for raised floor board mounts. I made my own adapter, but there are several available. The one from George Anderson looks good, and I almost went with it before I decided to do my own.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:57 AM
Trial dog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Romingnometx
There is an inch of adjustment on the 09 and newer bikes, don't know about the older ones. I had to use a plate to move the tourpak back further so she has more room, now her calves hit the bag guards and I'm shopping for raised floor board mounts. I made my own adapter, but there are several available. The one from George Anderson looks good, and I almost went with it before I decided to do my own.
There are at least three options:

1. The tour pack has a small adjustment that can be made without any modifications, most of them I have seen are already adjusted all the way back but you might check yours;

2. You can buy a re-locator kit that will move it back up to two inches I believe; and

3. You can do it yourself by making a plate that bolts onto the rack and drilling new holes further back that match your tour pack hole (that avoids drilling into the tour pack plate). You can also drill the tour pack but on the standard set up you can't move it back much because there isn't much room to move the front hole forward (and therefore the pack rearward).

Old 07-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts