Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Awesome Trip, Great Bike!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012 | 05:12 PM
firefightermike
|
Cruiser
Default Awesome Trip, Great Bike!

Just completed a 14 day journey to D.C. via the Blue Ridge Parkway, Shenandoah National Park and back down the east coast. 3138 miles of awesome scenery. Met a bunch of great people. My friend from this forum gave the wife and I a personal tour of the pentagon. Incidentally, my 2011 street glide performed flawlessly even in the record heat wave we encountered through the mid Atlantic and east coast. We are now planning another trip to some far away destination. Love this bike, love this country.

Last edited by firefightermike; 07-16-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-14-2012 | 05:18 PM
Estil
Road Master

Sounds like you all had a blast! My wife and I rode the blue ridge parkway and shenandoah valley area a couple years ago and it was great. Best riding road I've been on. Even saw a black bear!

Old 07-14-2012 | 05:22 PM
nj08SEUltra
Tourer

Firefighter Mike, Not intending to criticize those who post complaints about their bikes. That said, it's great to hear from someone who loves his bike because he rides it and uses it as it was intended - to appreciate and experience our beautiful land. Your ride will stay with you forever. Many more our friend.

Old 07-14-2012 | 06:21 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member

You were on some of my favorite roads. Skyline Drive (Shenandoah National Park) is close enough that I ride it all the time and consider it my backyard. I'm glad you had such a great experience.

These bikes are VERY well made. I think alot of those that complain about them have screwed them up themselves by trying to "improve" them. I love mine too and love touring on it. Just a day trip today for about 7 hours, but I love it every time I'm in the saddle.

Old 07-14-2012 | 06:41 PM
tom071200c
Road Master

Great to read a post not complaining about engine noises, rattles, leaks, or bad dealership experiences. (Sometimes I wonder if anyone actually rides or just sits here worrying about stuff on their bikes)! Sounds like a good trip! BTW my bike is running great and I have no complaints either!

Old 07-14-2012 | 06:58 PM
Classic bagger
Cruiser

We're doing that trip next April. Almost did it last week but won a free weeks condo in Ft Lauderdale so went to the beach instead. Leaving from NW Georgia, catching the parkway in Cherokee NC and going to the end of Skyline turning around and coming back. I'm really looking forward to it. Oh and by the way, my bike runs fine. I've got guys always giving me advice on upgrades but I find it great just the way it is.

Old 07-14-2012 | 07:00 PM
pdzani
Cruiser

Glad to hear about your trip, that ride is on our bucket list. We try to do one 4 or 5 K trip each year ourselves, last year was the Everglades, the year before was Boston and east coast. These bikes are great, almost 40 k on my 09 and the only problem that left me on the side of the road was front wheel bearings. Nice to know folks are riding them all over this country, just the way ultras were designed for, hitting the open road on long hauls.

Old 07-14-2012 | 07:34 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by pdzani
Glad to hear about your trip, that ride is on our bucket list. We try to do one 4 or 5 K trip each year ourselves, last year was the Everglades, the year before was Boston and east coast. These bikes are great, almost 40 k on my 09 and the only problem that left me on the side of the road was front wheel bearings. Nice to know folks are riding them all over this country, just the way ultras were designed for, hitting the open road on long hauls.
And riding in Colorado is on MY bucket list. My sister lives in Colorado Springs and my college roommate is in Denver (and rides also) so I've got to figure out how to make it happen.

Old 07-14-2012 | 08:06 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by TKDKurt
And riding in Colorado is on MY bucket list. My sister lives in Colorado Springs and my college roommate is in Denver (and rides also) so I've got to figure out how to make it happen.
step 1: put in for 2 weeks vacation

step 2: load bike(s)

step 3: twist throttle and point your front wheel in that direction

Old 07-14-2012 | 08:07 PM
jjpish
Road Captain

Hey FirefighterMike my wife and I just back from a trip from MD down the entire BRP to the Tail of the Dragon and back. That is some beautiful riding. Glad you had a good trip. There is no other bike I would have wanted to make that trip on than my 2011 EG Ultra.

Quick Reply: Awesome Trip, Great Bike!