Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather jacket

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:58 PM
2007rkjb
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather jacket

Hi,
I was all set to buy a new Vanson riding jacket this month. ( Been saving for a long time ).
But friends are now telling me that I will be dissapointed with a Vanson because they are
made shorter than most ( I am tall from shoulders to waist ). Also alteration time at Vanson
is now 4 MONTHS !!!. Now I am hearing that a lot of people are unhappy with new Vansons
quality since the company is now operating from outside the country.
A few riders are recommending that I spend my $$$ on a HD fxrg jacket, great features and available
in " tall " sizes.
Any pros and cons on Vanson vs FXRG ??
I thought this was gonna be easy.

Thanks very much,

Jake

Old 01-15-2007, 03:49 PM
GreighWolf
Road Captain
Default RE: Leather jacket

A couple things. First, the FXRG jacket is made in China and HD wants $600.00. Before you buy the FXRG... click this :link to check out this jacket from Fox Creek Leather (Made in Virgina)

Their customer service is unbeatable. I was looking at 3 different jackets from Fox Creek..when I decided on one and placed the order... they called the next day to say there were out of stock and wanted to verify measurements before they put it into production. I told them that I liked 2 other jackets but couldn't make up my mind which one I wanted..they sent BOTH to my house for the price of one. Now of course they would have charged my card for the second jacket had I not returned the one that I didn't want... but still..... how many places do you know that will send you a $400.00 jacket on the honor system???

I think their customer service alone dictates you have to at least give them a look.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Hardly Dangerous
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely check out foxcreek. They will custom make any lenth you want. Service is great. My custom lenth only took 2 weeks. They are made in the USA and they guaranty the stitching and zippers forever. Their jackets are great. I get compliments all the time. I am thinking of getting one of their buffalo nickel vests. They are cut small so order one size larger.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:20 PM
RICHINTX
Advanced

I have the HD FXRG jacket. I bought it last year and it's been great. It is so warm I took out the liner the day I got it and have never put it back in. Iriden in 30 degree weather and stayed very warm. You get what you pay for, just pick the jacket up and you will know what I mean. There is alot of leather and armor there.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:34 PM
SLORider
Road Captain

Have the FXRG and love it. It may even be worth the $.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:59 PM
FLHRSE3
Advanced

I was in need of a new leather and time was not on my side so I went to a few stealers to trysome jackets on and the fxrg was the most comfortable (as well as the most expensive) that they had to offer. I bought one and have absolutely no complaints with it and if you do any cool weather riding it is very warm with the liner in. If I were in no hurry I would give Fox Creek serious consideration, I bought a couple small items from them and they are top quality.

Gregg

Old 01-15-2007, 06:04 PM
GhostBagger
Tourer

My wife has an FXRG jacket, great quality, very warm, very heavy. Is it worth the money ? only you can judge, but my wife would not change hers. With something like a leather jacket I would never buy without trying it on first, what is great for one person might not suit someone else.

GhostBagger.

Old 01-15-2007, 06:21 PM
GreighWolf
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: FLHRSE3

I was in need of a new leather and time was not on my side so I went to a few stealers to trysome jackets on and the fxrg was the most comfortable (as well as the most expensive) that they had to offer. I bought one and have absolutely no complaints with it and if you do any cool weather riding it is very warm with the liner in. If I were in no hurry I would give Fox Creek serious consideration, I bought a couple small items from them and they are top quality.

Gregg
If you were in no hurry ?? Fox Creek ships in stock within 24 hours...... Did I mention made in the U.S.A. ?? I guess that's not as important as it should be. [sm=patriot.gif]

Old 01-15-2007, 06:36 PM
FLHRSE3
Advanced

If youo were in no hurry ?? Fox Creek ships in stock within 24 hours...... Did I mention made in the U.S.A. ?? I guess that's not as important as it should be. [sm=patriot.gif]
Unfortunately for me I was not aware of them (Fox Creek) at the time and I totally agree with you, that is definitely the one bad thing about the fxrg “made in China”.

Gregg

Old 01-15-2007, 06:53 PM
redhwk44
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As Ghost said earlier, I like to try it on before I lay out that kind of cash. I have no doubt that Fox Creek is a superb jacket but being able totry it out first hand is HD's trump card for me. imo

Quick Reply: Leather jacket