Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather jacket

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 01:19 AM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the FXRG is a nice jacket (even if it's made in China), but it isn't worth $595 to me. I have Fox creek Indian Head Vest and it is heavy as some of the leather jackets I've seen lately. I'm getting ready to order the Fox Creek Bomber jacket, awesome quality, thick and soft naked leather plus it's well vented in back, arms and chest for the warmer temps too. However, if you intend to bounce off the pavement and require armor, then the Commander jacket might be more to your liking. It has provisional pockets for the armor of your choice.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:31 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by spike95
Where on earth did you get the idea that Fox Creek is cheap Chinese crap? It is American made to order. I am sure that Langlitz makes beautiful stuff (I'd love to own one), but Fox Creek gives you a whole lot of jacket for the money. I have owned and handled many a cheap foreign jacket and the difference with Fox Creek is night and day.
I agree with Spike... Fox Creek destroys any leather jacket I've ever seen - PERIOD. The quality is out of this world and they're not just good looking products they're built tough as hell and even the pocket liners are a heavy duty material and very roomy.

Maybe Langlitz is an awesome jacket but anyone who says FCL is cheapo has no idea what he's talking about.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:27 AM
spag
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys can obviously ride with what you want, but I don't roll without an armored jacket. Ever. I've been down a few times, and even into the side of an SUV, and the armor in my jackets, pants and gloves has saved me a lot of additional pain.

I have a custom Vanson suit that I've had for 15 years, and it's awesome. Not the best for touring, but great for spirited rides. The armor is first rate, and the suit has been through a few spills and still in good shape. It's tight fitting, but it's supposed to be. No good having armor that moves around in a crash. I think Vanson is a great company, but their off the rack stuff doesn't fit me well. I have a long torso and arms for my chest size. Either I'm swimming in the jacket part to get the rest to fit, or I feel like I'm wearing a kids jacket.

I know most of you wouldn't be caught dead wearing any on your HDs, but if you want some nice, also overpriced gear, check out a BMW dealer sometime. That stuff is really well made though, and you can get what you need for a specific purpose. I have one of their touring jackets, and it's pretty damn nice in all seasons. Good armor/back protector as well. I realize if you have to go for some bad *** imagine though, probably not going to cut it. I don't give a **** what I look like on the bike. It's a jungle out there, and I'm going safety first.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:50 AM
OregonRoadKing
Tourer

Originally Posted by spike95
I think my Fox Creek was $425. I am curious how much the Langlitz boot cut western pants are. Since you've got the catalog, can you tell me the price?
I just got their catalog with a personal note from the owner. The Western pants are $750. I'll have to save up a bit before I could consider anything at Langlitz. Ross Langlitz invented the standard motorcycle jacket. I think I will go up to the store sometime and check it out. They have some things you can buy off the rack and there is some used stuff. They hand make 6 or 7 jackets a day in their small store in Portland, Oregon. Their stuff is custom made to your measurements with the finest materials they can find (American). If it doesn't fit quite right, they will modify it or make you a new one for no extra charge. If any problem shows up, they fix it, forever, for no charge. This is the kind of service and craftsmanship you love to hear about. It makes your heart skip a bit for American craftsmanship when you read their story. Check it out at www.langlitz.com.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:03 PM
brooklynflhrc
Intermediate

Hi yes I,ve got the catalog today , the western leather pant : $ 750 ,also lot of options long leg zippers,jean style pockets,hip pads, knee pads, etc etc,
hope that help you.
Granada
Spain

Old 10-22-2008, 02:48 PM
scg1953
Tourer

"Maybe Langlitz is an awesome jacket but anyone who says FCL is cheapo has no idea what he's talking about"

DITTO !!!

Old 10-22-2008, 02:58 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stvr
Langlitz.com. You will not be disappointed I assure you.
Contacted these guys, seem real nice. Live just a few hours from them so me thinks I'll take a 'lil trip for a visit. They're sending me a catalog, a lot of custom stuff but they do have "off the rack" stuff too. I'd really like to try thier pants, a bit more practical than the a$$less chap fashon you see so much of. That and the goat skin jackets. Sounds like I'd better start saving some clams for the big purchase......

Old 10-22-2008, 03:58 PM
pjayc00
6th Gear
Old 10-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Ace07FXDL
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OregonRoadKing
I just got their catalog with a personal note from the owner. The Western pants are $750. I'll have to save up a bit before I could consider anything at Langlitz. Ross Langlitz invented the standard motorcycle jacket. I think I will go up to the store sometime and check it out. They have some things you can buy off the rack and there is some used stuff. They hand make 6 or 7 jackets a day in their small store in Portland, Oregon. Their stuff is custom made to your measurements with the finest materials they can find (American). If it doesn't fit quite right, they will modify it or make you a new one for no extra charge. If any problem shows up, they fix it, forever, for no charge. This is the kind of service and craftsmanship you love to hear about. It makes your heart skip a bit for American craftsmanship when you read their story. Check it out at www.langlitz.com.
A big +1 on Langlitz. Simply the best. Dave has some of my comments on his website and I am a very happy customer and member of the family which is what you become when you buy Langlitz. I have westerns, a columbia and a vest and my wife has a cascade and westerns in goatskin. Mine are all cowhide. Custom made for you and worth every penny.