Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slow riding partner??

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012 | 04:25 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by chief1600
I guess it goes both ways...
Originally Posted by blackflame
So when your on a wide open 2-4 lane country road you drive 55, all the while holding back a line of cars? More power to you.. if you cant drive over 60 on a highway maybe you should not own a bike... I'm not talking about flying around all the time but jeeze. If your driving the speed limit, your driving too slow. IMO. Hey but thanks for the reply..
Steve in Ct
Blackflame, you missed the point (and apparently, you feel somewhat defensive as well). My riding preferences have not been discussed nor do they matter one bit. In fact, I had a riding buddy who would make your guy seem like a dare devil, and it was incredibly frustrating. He would sometimes do 35 in a 55 zone and called me a liar when I told him he was backing up traffic for miles. I told him that I feared for his life and that he should really consider selling the bike or at least sticking to riding back roads only. I was just attempting to verbalize what your riding buddy might feel, even if he hasn't said anything. I wasn't making any sort of judgement here...

Last edited by TORQUEY; 07-13-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-13-2012 | 04:25 PM
Doc R.K.
Cruiser

Good ones are hard to find. But when you do it is great. My group rides about the same so we travel well together usally fast.

Old 07-13-2012 | 04:37 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member

Just lose him and say you never noticed.

Old 07-13-2012 | 04:42 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior

Went on a 4 day ride with 2 close mates and a guy I work with but new to the group. We pretty much always ride just above the posted speed but this 'new' guy always stayed ~3 mph below the rest of us.
We were continually waiting for him to catch up at intersections for turns, last one to fuel up etc, etc.
We kindly suggested to him several times that it would be best for the whole group if he would at least ride quickly enough to keep us in sight. No change for 3 days.

We finally found out he had been driving for 36 years and NEVER got a ticket-- Wonder why!

On day 4 we got tired of waiting for him to catch up at a critical turn-- went off and left him to sort himself out. He missed the turn and it took him 2 hours longer to get home than us...

Lesson learned-know your invited riders technique before a ride of more than a few hours; and, if they can't keep up don't cater to their needs for 3 days-- just go on ahead!

Old 07-13-2012 | 04:56 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor

Try talking to him

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 07-13-2012 | 05:05 PM
blackflame
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TORQUEY
Blackflame, you missed the point (and apparently, you feel somewhat defensive as well). My riding preferences have not been discussed nor do they matter one bit. In fact, I had a riding buddy who would make your guy seem like a dare devil, and it was incredibly frustrating. He would sometimes do 35 in a 55 zone and called me a liar when I told him he was backing up traffic for miles. I told him that I feared for his life and that he should really consider selling the bike or at least sticking to riding back roads only. I was just attempting to verbalize what your riding buddy might feel, even if he hasn't said anything. I wasn't making any sort of judgement here...
Ok my bad, yeah i'm not looking race just keep a comfortable pace. I feel he is affraid to pick up the pace even on highways like 91 north. I dont consider myself a slow driver by any means lol.. I'm coming off a VTX 1800 so i'm trying to slow my roll, but i will not dive my "geezer glide" like a old geezer
Steve in Ct

Old 07-13-2012 | 05:13 PM
blarg
Road Captain

question:

what do you do when a bunch of people who purchased a product marketed to non-conformists and individualists get together and end up with one person who won't DO AS HE'S TOLD by the rest of the group?

this is why I never go on group rides...I'm just not much of a joiner.

Old 07-13-2012 | 05:14 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

Nothing against gays but ...... oh well.

Do you guys that ride together coordinate your attire before leaving?

Try talking beforehand and also coordinating your riding procedures.

Since I ride alone I guess I never really learned how complicated and involved riding a motorcycle can be.

Old 07-13-2012 | 05:27 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member

Call me anti-social, but I would find another riding buddy, kind of hard to enjoy riding with somebody who's style conflicts with yours, especially on a regular basis.

Old 07-13-2012 | 05:29 PM
blackflame
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Nothing against gays but ...... oh well.

Do you guys that ride together coordinate your attire before leaving?

Try talking beforehand and also coordinating your riding procedures.

Since I ride alone I guess I never really learned how complicated and involved riding a motorcycle can be.
Well he does make sure he wears his Harley t-shirt boots and gloves

Quick Reply: Slow riding partner??