Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worst upgrade you ever made

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 06:16 AM
cjw
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunslingertom
You gotta be kidding me!!??

I bought it and love it. It definitely isn't a necessity, but it was cheap and does what it was designed to do. But then any thread like this is going to contain all opinion. And that's cool.

Now if you wanna talk about useless..........

This is the biggest waste of money I've ever spent, and it was only 11 bucks.
http://www.crampbuster.com/
Well there ya go. For me the crampbuster is a good thing. ..been using it for years. To each their own.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Schex
Supporter
Received 7,035 Likes on 1,853 Posts

Originally Posted by cjw
Well there ya go. For me the crampbuster is a good thing. ..been using it for years. To each their own.
The last two hours of a twelve hour ride to BBB last year (a little dehydrated), right hand was cramping,
picked one up and worked great, don't use it all the time, but I keep in the TP, great relief when needed.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:01 AM
Spyder_63703
Advanced

Bought brand new tires for my wide glide and brakes and was waiting for them yo get put on while in Missouri on a trip. Saw a 2011 road glide custom some one used as a garage ornament for a deal I couldn't pass up. 400 miles with thousands in upgrades on it for 14k. Now I am out 600 for tires and brakes for a bike I don't own anymore.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was a little hesitant at first, but I'm glad I read the whole thread, I saved some time cash and trouble here.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:35 PM
getty30188
Cruiser
Default Fuel Moto 107 kit

Not that products were bad but seems the numbers they advertize for horsepower and torque are only true when they are installed by them and their dyno. Bought the total package installed by an Indy and check by three so far. All say after leak downs and dyno check that everything was installed properly and tune seems to be right using Fuel Motos maps. But telling them what numbers were promised and looking at the website they laugh.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:16 PM
j mont
5th Gear

vance & hines trottlepak lasted 5 mintutes

Old 08-16-2012, 07:04 AM
HalfFast
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a tie between the HD Saddlebag Lid Organizer and the Reinhart slip on mufflers. Two biggest POS I have ever purchased. The lid organizers don't stay on no matter what you do and the Reinharts are pure junk. The chrome on the end caps fell off in less than a year and baffles rattle like he!!. As for Reinhart service... don't go there. They enlightened me that I could purchase new end caps for $75 each and said they had never had any complaints about the baffles rattling despite the 1000+ internet posts about them rattling. I leave the end caps on for others to see what POS they are and I wrapped the baffle ends with fiberglass tape and drove them back in to prevent the rattling.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:21 AM
cb311asu
Novice

Rinehart xtreme duals - Sound great but don't line up out the back. Rinehart blames it on Harleys muffler mount and Harley blames it on the bends of the pipe not being correct so I'm stuck in the middle with one crocked a$$ pipe comming out the rear of the bike.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:16 PM
WetSider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cjw
I used a similar device for years on my WG - called the Throttle Rocker, or somesuch? That little piece of plastic was worth twice its weight in gold on long fwy runs (like I-90 thru MT). Saved me a bunch of pain over the years.

Now I'm starting to wonder if buying a mid-frame heat deflector could be my next "worst upgrade" after riding in 100 degree E WA heat last week.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:25 PM
RoadGlidinFreak
Cruiser

on my old bike I bought the HD chrome trans cover... put it on then figured out it had the cut out for the back headpipe... too bad I had true duals huh?

Quick Reply: Worst upgrade you ever made