Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Windshields....

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 10:23 AM
StreetGlidinFreak
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Glide Windshields....

Ok folks...... seriously thinking about swapping my SG for a Roadie this weekend..(if they are willing to deal).. only problem and it's a BIG one is the tiny windshield that comes on them..(I rode my buddies the other day, the lack of a real sheild sucked). I have a 8" tinted Clearview Recurve on my SG that works great for me.. it puts the wind right on the top of my head and I look over it so no obstructed view....I'm 6'3" so a little taller shield is best, but don't want to go with the Ultra tall style..... I was thinking about the Klock Werks 16" Flare..... anybody tried one? others similar? Pros/cons....

Old 07-11-2012, 10:47 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

One of the hardest things to get sorted out on the RG is the right shield because the fairing is so much farther forward than the batwing.

Im 6'3' 34" inseam running a Cee Bailey 16" TRSSC (same shape as the KW, but thicker material , better made IMO). and it works well for me. Used to use a 15" Cee Bailey TRSSC also was good.

Ive heard the KW shields have a lot of flex in them. Good thing with Cee Bailey is you can order in 1" size changes from 13 -18 " I think.

A lot of riders also like the Windvest or Clear Vioew for the RG.

There are a lot of pictures and threads on www.roadglide.org of windshiedls

Old 07-11-2012, 10:48 AM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetGlidinFreak
Ok folks...... seriously thinking about swapping my SG for a Roadie this weekend..(if they are willing to deal).. only problem and it's a BIG one is the tiny windshield that comes on them..(I rode my buddies the other day, the lack of a real sheild sucked). I have a 8" tinted Clearview Recurve on my SG that works great for me.. it puts the wind right on the top of my head and I look over it so no obstructed view....I'm 6'3" so a little taller shield is best, but don't want to go with the Ultra tall style..... I was thinking about the Klock Werks 16" Flare..... anybody tried one? others similar? Pros/cons....

Give Windvest a call. http://www.windvest.com/products/products.html They will give you an opinion as to what would work best for you. And they will stand behind that opinion. If they get it wrong, THEY will fix it.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:56 AM
shredsurf
Road Master

Another RG windshield question....

Been through 4 windshields...6'2", 35" inseam.
The 13" Winvest is the best by far.

Attached Thumbnails Road Glide Windshields....-ramsey-20120419-00407.jpg   Road Glide Windshields....-ramsey-20120419-00409.jpg   Road Glide Windshields....-ramsey-20120419-00406.jpg  
Old 07-11-2012, 11:44 AM
mllgator
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try the H/D "Windsplitter". They come in heights to suit the rider.
Also, they are standard on the Road Glide CVO, so you can get a good visual on the look.

Attached Thumbnails Road Glide Windshields....-apalachicola-roadie.jpg   Road Glide Windshields....-img_1958.jpg  

Last edited by mllgator; 07-11-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:58 AM
BlackFleet
Advanced

Originally Posted by mllgator
Try the H/D "Windsplitter". They come in heights to suit the rider.
Also, they are standard on the Road Glide CVO, so you can get a good visual on the look.
I have this and like it.

The nice thing about HD windshields and my dealer is they have them all out as demos. They will swap it on to your bike and let you take it for a spin to try it out.

I'm only 5-10 and the 12" windsplitter worked perfect for me.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:04 PM
dc1450
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm running a National Cycle V Stream, it's stock height and works well for me. I'm 5'9" but it could be shorter for me.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Hammy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I runa clearview screen, they make them specific to your height. But they have premade sizes too. http://www.clearviewshields.com/

Old 07-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,575 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetGlidinFreak

Good luck... I never could find the perfect shield. After 6-8 shields,I lost count,nothing seemed to allow me to be comfortable behind the RG fairing. I gave up,and went back to a batwing. I like the looks of the RG,but it's just not for me I guess.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:51 PM
StreetGlidinFreak
Cruiser

hmmmmm liking the Windvest now....... man this stuff is the one thing I hate about getting new bikes.... all the variables you aren't used to.

SHREDSURF~~ at 6'2" are you looking well over the 13" or barely? .... I still want a breeze, but want the "BIG WIND" to not hit me in the face. WIth the set up I have now the 'big wind' hits right on top of my head and I get some breeze... not enough to rattle my sunglasses... but a decent breeze

Quick Reply: Road Glide Windshields....