Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Windshields....

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Afishinado
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by shooter5074
Give Windvest a call. http://www.windvest.com/products/products.html They will give you an opinion as to what would work best for you. And they will stand behind that opinion. If they get it wrong, THEY will fix it.
Been there, done that... Spot on, great folks/service, great product

Originally Posted by ShadowMonster
5'10 32" inseam here and I have a 10" wind vest and it works well but at highway speed get lots of wind, not to much for me but lots, a 12" would be perfect and will probably get one for fall riding.
Ditto, Ditto and Ditto
I am 5'10" with 31" inseam. The 10" is doing the job, but I am also thinking of trying a 12" to make it even better, but haven't pulled the trigger. On a buggy day last week, I had one bug mark on my helmet to clean off and there were tons of them.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:44 AM
harley1958
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 6' 4" -- i put on the tall windshield from harley -- i was not liking my roadglide with the stock windshield -- but i am very satisfied with it at this time.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:28 AM
shredsurf
Road Master

Originally Posted by StreetGlidinFreak
hmmmmm liking the Windvest now....... man this stuff is the one thing I hate about getting new bikes.... all the variables you aren't used to.

SHREDSURF~~ at 6'2" are you looking well over the 13" or barely? .... I still want a breeze, but want the "BIG WIND" to not hit me in the face. WIth the set up I have now the 'big wind' hits right on top of my head and I get some breeze... not enough to rattle my sunglasses... but a decent breeze
Barely...if I sit up perfectly straight, I'm looking just over it. I could have gone 12", but the 13 is just right for my riding style and I don't get the "BIG WIND" in my face.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:32 AM
RoadGlidinFreak
Cruiser

So......... I went with a 14" Windvest w/ recurve..... as far as around town the amount of wind I get is perfect..... but since I have put that thing on I lost a boat load of my "Road Glide stability" Now cross winds shake the bike.... where I used to be able to ride in the air pocket behind an 18 wheeler (I was checking out the stability when I first got it.. not where I normally ride) now any time I'm on the interstate with much wind the thing gets the shakes... ESPECIALLY with the wife on the back and a travel bag on the luggage rack.... anybody else ever run into anything like that?

Old 07-31-2012, 12:28 PM
NPfatbob
Intermediate

Have to give thumbs up to the WindVest.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:38 PM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cross Wind Vs Buffeting

Originally Posted by RoadGlidinFreak
So......... I went with a 14" Windvest w/ recurve..... as far as around town the amount of wind I get is perfect..... but since I have put that thing on I lost a boat load of my "Road Glide stability" Now cross winds shake the bike.... where I used to be able to ride in the air pocket behind an 18 wheeler (I was checking out the stability when I first got it.. not where I normally ride) now any time I'm on the interstate with much wind the thing gets the shakes... ESPECIALLY with the wife on the back and a travel bag on the luggage rack.... anybody else ever run into anything like that?
I do not believe cross wind has anything to do with your windshield. When I had a bat wing cross winds would PUSH the entire bike right to left with the Road Glide I do not feel any of that at all. With my 12" re-curve Wind Vest while I feel much more stable behind a Tractor Trailer I feel like the wind going over my head is going behind me and back down and causing alittle drag with my tour pack. Nothing to make me want to change the shield or cause any buffeting.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:50 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by metfancowboy
Good luck... I never could find the perfect shield. After 6-8 shields,I lost count,nothing seemed to allow me to be comfortable behind the RG fairing. I gave up,and went back to a batwing. I like the looks of the RG,but it's just not for me I guess.
Same with my buddy, he's got eight shields for his RG and still not happy. I bought one 8" LRS Ultra for my Batwing and its perfect.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:53 PM
RoadGlidinFreak
Cruiser

Yeah, when I had the Street Glide the wind would make it do the "batwing shuffle" down the road.. with the bike moving back and forth and the handlebars moving back and forth also.... on the Roadie... just the bike shakes back and forth.. no handlebar movement... but still didn't get ANY of this until I put the bigger shield on..... still the largest factor might have been the huge Kuryakyn bag having the weight distribution off.... and catching even more of the cross wind...... I did notice though as soon as I put the shield on there was more push from the cross wind even with out the wife and the bag on ........ don't know.... I might have to save up and try one of the taller "Flare" style and see if there is a difference...... I just hate to spend the money that I don't really have.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:22 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I tried several shields and couldn't get happy with the glide. I finally bit the bullet and spent bucks for the madstad windshield. I didn't think I would like the look but I actually do. It gets tons of comments including when I took it into the shop today to get it worked on. More importantly, it's improved my ride quality considerably.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:42 PM
7Sixpack7
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetGlidinFreak
hmmmmm liking the Windvest now....... man this stuff is the one thing I hate about getting new bikes.... all the variables you aren't used to.

SHREDSURF~~ at 6'2" are you looking well over the 13" or barely? .... I still want a breeze, but want the "BIG WIND" to not hit me in the face. WIth the set up I have now the 'big wind' hits right on top of my head and I get some breeze... not enough to rattle my sunglasses... but a decent breeze
6-2 34" inseam and I'm happy with my 10" Phantom from LRS. Fit your description above to a "T" for me. Good luck, lots of choices.

Quick Reply: Road Glide Windshields....