Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I love my Dad

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012 | 09:35 PM
bigheadted
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default I love my Dad

I have a true story to share, it will be longish and ramble for sure. I have rode streetbikes 30 years, never with my Dad as all he rode was dirt bikes. We had many fun dirtbike rides. He would ever take any of my bikes for a ride.He had a Flathead Harley at 16, it was recycled junk on the title. Fast foward to 2005, I was building a rigid chop and Dad was retired, he asked what bke he should get and I said a Heritage with its low CG it wuld be much easier to ride. He went out and bought a new 05 Heritage.He is a snowbird, summers in Washington and winters in Arizona, I live in Northern ca almost exactly between.I go buy a 04 RKC and ride with my Dad. When he went to Arizona I rode there and rode with my Dad and Baby Brudda and rode home. Economy tanks I am in construction management for multi-family and no work for a few years. Sold bikes and stuff. No more rides with Dad.This spring he is heading back to Washington and at my house, I tell him where to go see some beautiful springtime sights. He says he is not interested in riding without me. I feel like **** because I can not affort a bike.Dad says I am 70 and do not know how many rides I have left but I know I want to ride with you. I have just decided I am buying you a bike. ! WOW ! Dad and I are real close and he has never come close to doing something like this for me. He tells me I always find good deals and to see whatI can find. I find a 2004 Road King Police with 17k on it, for 7,700. I love my Dad!!

Old 07-09-2012 | 09:43 PM
IamKnuckles
Intermediate

Great story!

Old 07-09-2012 | 09:44 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior

That is great. Enjoy every minute with your dad because the day will come when you will not be able to any more.

Old 07-09-2012 | 09:48 PM
DPete
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Good story, great Dad

Old 07-09-2012 | 09:51 PM
A5Firearms
Tourer

That is AWESOME! Cherish your time with him. It will be great memories that you will have forever! Be safe and enjoy your bike and your dad!

Old 07-09-2012 | 09:52 PM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member

My dad passed a few years ago and he rides with me everywhere I go, or so i like to think anyways. I have one of his hankys in the dash bag of the ultra and one in the trunk bag of my snowmobile too. I like to pull it out and clean my glasses or something when we are at really nice scenic lookouts and stuff. All my buds know about it and him and are cool with it. Please enjoy every minute with your dad, I sure miss mine. Great story too
Kris

Old 07-09-2012 | 09:54 PM
Bigsarge71
Advanced

Awesome. What a great man and father.

Old 07-09-2012 | 09:55 PM
BC Glide
Cruiser

Your dad sure gets the concept of giving with a warm heart than a cold hand. Enjoy every ride.

Old 07-09-2012 | 10:19 PM
Big E1
Tourer

Great story. Great dad and lucky son.

Old 07-09-2012 | 10:35 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member

Super story! Thanks for sharing. Great Dad and lucky son for sure.

Keep hoping my Dad will get one so we can ride together. He likes to tell stories about riding as a kid. About how the state let them get small CC bikes earlier than a drivers license. Then they (brothers & friends) would tinker till they doubled the power.

He got rid of his last bike b4 I was born, but he does bring up the idea of getting one once in a while. Usually a BMW but a bike is a bike.

Squeeze in every ride with him that you can...

Quick Reply: I love my Dad