Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

set it on her side! skerred me!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012 | 08:18 PM
respectbeer
|
Novice
Default set it on her side! skerred me!!

Jumped on the bike for a quick run to the store the other evening. was kinda day dreamin as I came up to a T on a back country road by my house. I was just draggin the front brake to slow a bit as I eased up to the stop sign, bout to make a right turn. out of nowhere pops up a car, scared the **** outa me!! unfortunately my hand slammed that lever down, front tire goes left and i go right. I lowered the bike so it didn't take much to bottom out the right foot board bracket. i had been considering removing the crash bars to get a cleaner look but after that no way! aside from a busted knee, rash on the right engine guard, right profile bag guard and bent floor board brackets i am good. i thought for sure the bags and handle bars and pipes were shot. i played it a few times in the head and keep coming back to how quick i was on the ground looking up at the bike. didn't even lay it over. it was just leanin on the bars coughin and finally quit. fn car didn't even stop! so i am in the market for some replacement guards, i'll prolly straighten the brackets. thanks for the ear. ride safe! don't day dream!!

Old 07-09-2012 | 08:25 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member

Yea, those guards prevent a lot of damage. Plus they keep the damn bike off your legs when it goes over.

Old 07-09-2012 | 08:25 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member

Happy that is was'nt worse for You. Take is easy and heal soon, My friend.

Old 07-09-2012 | 08:28 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Keep the engine guards. They might not be the prettiest thing,but they serve a important purpose. I'm glad you came out ok.

Old 07-09-2012 | 08:47 PM
Mickey D
Road Master

Glad you and the bike are ok . Though I use both brakes to do my slowing and stopping, I try to use only the rear for the last few feet to a complete stop.

Live and learn. Ride another day.