Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harbor Freight Cycle Jack - the yellow one!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 10:43 PM
saxfiend
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just picked up one of these Harbor Freight jacks the other day, and it works great. My Ultra feels very solid on it, and the lowering action is nice and smooth. It appears to be a very well-made product at a great price, just what I need for the routine maintenance I'll be doing on my bike.

I'm kind of mystified by the guy with his obsession with China-bashing, as if something made in China was automatically inferior. Ever used an iPhone or iPad?

JL

Old 08-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Lucero1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are on sale for $69 with a coupon from the new AI magazine.

Do these work ok with a Dyna, or do you have to do something like the Sears red jack conversion with it? I mainly just want it for oil changes and light maintainence...

Thanks.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Originally Posted by jmacdonald5
....guys that spend $400 + on a jack are going to defend it till the death as "better" than the cheap ones...guys with cheap ones(like me, Sears $49.95 red one on sale)..are gonna make fun of them for spending that much...they both do the job...
Now here's a rider/owner who knows what they're talking about...$60 - $600 m/c jacks are out there & let the rider/owner choose which works best. I used to jump on the "my J&S jack's better than your HF" bandwagon, but why..?? As others also state - they "all" work.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:54 AM
shaunthbstrd
Novice

I just got the yellow Harbor Freight jack a few weeks ago. OP review was spot on to my experience with assembly, etc. used a coupon from AIM and paid 69 bucks I think. Did a 10k service and it worked great, although you do have to get a bit creative with drip pan placement.
It slid under my bike no problem and seemed stable enough for the work that I was doing.
Lubed up the handle with amsoil, the casters with mobile one, the release with redline and have had no problems yet. Thanks for the original post!

Old 01-20-2013, 04:34 PM
toketee
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine works good also, I'm guessing that if anyone had a problem or a failure with the HF jack , they would post about it. Haven't seen any.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:15 AM
rpking
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I just bought a yellow harbor freight jack today. $59.00 plus tax with a coupon. I have not lifted my bike with it yet but I think it will be ok

Old 01-21-2013, 06:12 PM
RK Fan
Advanced
Default Red HF jack...

I've been using the red HF jack for about six months. I like the idea of getting the bike up thirty inches off the floor. Just the right height for sitting on the HF rolling seat while working on the wheels or doing the oil changes. I think I gave around $150.00 for it. Comes with two ratchet straps but I don't use them. Nice and solid. You can't roll the bike around though. Only has wheels on the back to get it into position. There are two heights to choose from with a steel pin to lower the arms onto to relieve the jack. A hand wheel lets you have complete control over the lower speed. I have the Road King sitting on it now to get the weight off the wheels for winter. Lots of cinders on our roads right now in Pa. Daytime highs tomorrow in the low 20's. Can't wait for spring. Sorry for the long post.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:35 PM
knightenforcer
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had one since 2005, (the yellow one thats also rated for atv). I've used it on 2 vrods, 2 roadkings, and a heritage springer. Still going strong.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:39 PM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

... and it has other uses too.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:06 PM
alii1959
Advanced

Purchased a yellow one a few weeks ago. Used it to pull my tranny out of my truck. Then used it for cleaning the bike. Worked just as advertised. Good value for the money.

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight Cycle Jack - the yellow one!