Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harbor Freight Cycle Jack - the yellow one!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 10:22 AM
risuperglidecustomman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by jmacdonald5
....guys that spend $400 + on a jack are going to defend it till the death as "better" than the cheap ones...guys with cheap ones(like me, Sears $49.95 red one on sale)..are gonna make fun of them for spending that much...they both do the job...
Yes, they both do the job, however a Smart Car & a Cadillac both get you from point A to point B. I know what one I want to drive for everyday use, comfort & safety! When I am lying on my creeper underneath an 800LB + bike changing fliuds & cleaning, I have a warm & fuzzy feeling knowing that my bike is NOT supported by a $60.00 cheap piece of China hunk of pig iron! Is the J&S jack more expensive than the China piece? Yup! Is the J&S Jack more safe, durable, reliable, easier to use, smoother operating, & have much better customer support? Yes, & worth every penny!............You get what you pay for in this world!.........

Old 07-10-2012, 10:45 AM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Before you start bad mouthing stuff made in China you better do a parts count on your "American made" scoot....more than half of it is parts that are made in China.

My jack has performing admirably for the last 6 years or so...so who cares if it is not made in America or not as long as it gets the job done!

Old 07-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Splais1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no arguing with someone who is trying to justify, in their own mind, why they spent 4x more than they needed too for something. Maybe if you work on your bike every day with the jack you can justify spending $400; but for something I use maybe once a week or two to make cleaning easier and once every six or so months to change fluids, the $100 HF jack performs admirably.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Powerbolt
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After weeks of looking I just ordered a Pit Bull lift because I didnt feel the other lifts metioned looked as stable, or as well built. I always tend to choose quality over price even if I have to wait and save the money. But I would never critize anyone that chooses the price. I have several friends lifting bikes with the Craftman jack and it seems to do fine, but all of them wish it had a wider stance.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:21 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by risuperglidecustomman
Yes, they both do the job, however a Smart Car & a Cadillac both get you from point A to point B. I know what one I want to drive for everyday use, comfort & safety! When I am lying on my creeper underneath an 800LB + bike changing fliuds & cleaning, I have a warm & fuzzy feeling knowing that my bike is NOT supported by a $60.00 cheap piece of China hunk of pig iron! Is the J&S jack more expensive than the China piece? Yup! Is the J&S Jack more safe, durable, reliable, easier to use, smoother operating, & have much better customer support? Yes, & worth every penny!............You get what you pay for in this world!.........
..well, that's great for you..I get a "warm and fuzzy" feeling knowing I didn't get ripped off when I bought my jack for $49.95 and it does everything I need it too...you want to pay for "feelings"..I only want to pay for service...and mine services me just fine...to each his own...and I could care less if the iron came from Mars...as long as the jack lifts the bike...I can take care of the rest...have a nice day

Old 07-10-2012, 03:07 PM
risuperglidecustomman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by jmacdonald5
..well, that's great for you..I get a "warm and fuzzy" feeling knowing I didn't get ripped off when I bought my jack for $49.95 and it does everything I need it too...you want to pay for "feelings"..I only want to pay for service...and mine services me just fine...to each his own...and I could care less if the iron came from Mars...as long as the jack lifts the bike...I can take care of the rest...have a nice day
When I am lying on my creeper in the garage underneath a 800+ Lb motorcycle & my puppy is licking the back of my head Yep, I do care where the metal came from knowing that I have a quality piece! I never sacrifice safety for a price! Never have never will! When I leave my motor jacked up off the ground in the garage for the winter I also have no worries! When it comes to stuff like tires, brake jobs, vehicles,guns, & yes motorcycle jacks, I never cheap out! Just too much at stake! Have a nice day!..........

Old 07-10-2012, 03:17 PM
11rkc
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by risuperglidecustomman
My 2012 FLHX Street Glide MSRP $19,995.00 + $10,000.00 in Genuine HD accessories & Screamin Eagle parts! My J&S jack delivered to my door just under $400.00. Do you think that I'm gonna risk it all for a $60.00 jack made in China! LOL!..........
........and they both use the same $3 oil seal!!!!! LOL!!!!

Old 07-10-2012, 03:20 PM
swamperca
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keystone Beer - Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Old 07-10-2012, 03:23 PM
11rkc
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by swamperca
Keystone Beer - Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Old 07-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Weatheredge
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got the same jack few years back had a rain check and used it got the jack for $69.99 sweet deal. nice right-up on a not so costly bike floor jack - glad I have mine w/ no issue's

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight Cycle Jack - the yellow one!