Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

samson duals w/ rineharts

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 09:43 AM
RAYCE_FLHP13
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default samson duals w/ rineharts

Just curious to see if anyone is running the Samson true dual head pipes with Rinehart slip ons on a 2010 or newer bike? If so any low end loss? Also I would like to get a sound clip and a drive by sound clip if possible. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:05 AM
WireDawg77
Cruiser

Dude, samson is cheap crap in my opinion... Go with the whole Rinehart system if you are stuck on Rinehart.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:58 AM
RAYCE_FLHP13
Tourer

Just wondering what makes you say that. (Experiences etc.) I wanna stick with the 1 3/4" header pipe and not the 2" so i can change them out later. Looking at the samson's or the vance and hines dresser duals. I've heard good and bad about samson but i found a pretty sweet deal on some true duals.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:07 PM
WireDawg77
Cruiser

The reason there is a 2" opening at the end of the head pipe is the stepped design. All head pipes start at 1 3/4". The companies that care about performance of the pipe or craftsmanship will make a stepped design that is designed to flow better. That basically eliminates the "torque loss" that you hear so much about. The only reason you would make a straight 1 3/4 pipe is to save money to make more money. You have a sweet looking ride, so if I were you, I would do my research and find a true dual setup that I wouldn't need to even think about changing the muffler.

Call Fuel Moto and ask them why they don't make a true dual. They will tell you that the only way they will make one is if they make a stepped design. This is, one, because they care about the customer. And, two, because the only way to make a good true dual is with a stepped head pipe which does not work with their current mufflers. Their mufflers are designed with 1 3/4" which is fine because they sell a X pipe so they don't need the stepped design. It isnt cost effective for them to have to produce two seperate mufflers so they don't make a true dual.

At the end of the day, you don't have to believe me or anyone else. Get what you feel comfortable with. But if I have that kick *** looking RK that you have, I would want to put a product on it that came from a company that cares about the quality, craftsmanship and attention to detail of their pipes. Of course, a business is out to make money, thats why you start one. But a lot of companies have better advertising than product because its all about selling a lot of product instead of a quality product.

Dragos, MGS, Fuel Moto, etc. These companies are custom shops that decided that they were not happy with the status quo and produced their own unique design based on their own research and development. Turns out, you will never hear a bad thing about any of those guys. They will also back their product up with excellent custom service.

Bottom line here is, you get what you pay for. But you have to be happy with what you put on your bike. I will never look at my bike and say, wish I would have spent the extra $100 for better stuff. Anyways, I am rambling.... Love the color of that bike! Good luck with your decision and go ride!

Old 07-08-2012, 01:15 PM
RAYCE_FLHP13
Tourer

Wow thanks for the info! I guess you're right. Saving a few pennies to get something of lesser quality isnt worth it. Especially not as much as I've put into this bike. I've looked into the dragos and they have some really sweet stuff for excellent prices. I'll be calling fuel moto in the morning to figure some other things out. Again I really appreciate this info.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:16 PM
chuck3049
Tourer

Just to add to last post my Drago's are his2 into 1 on my soft tail, but WOW what a great sound and what a diff. in the power curve. And the looks are great looking. I will get a pic up as soon as I can get my cam to work.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:35 PM
RAYCE_FLHP13
Tourer

Awesome post that pic up soon. I'm really thinking hard about that dragula for mine. I think it would look sweet. That with my stage 1 and maybe a cam install and I could definitely see some hp and tq gains!

Old 07-09-2012, 01:34 AM
RAYCE_FLHP13
Tourer

picked up the drago's dragula from a forum member. Thanks for all the advice wiredawg! Cant wait to hear this bad boy in action! Also posted a question about pcv mapping for this pipe if you have any input there feel free to drop me a line!

Old 07-09-2012, 02:30 AM
caaraa
Banned

Just wondering what makes you say that.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:21 AM
RAYCE_FLHP13
Tourer

What makes who say what?