Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This works!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by MyFirstHD
Sometimes I just weave a little in my lane. They probably look and say what the hell is he doing, but at least they look. It could be the three lights flashing back and forth.
Exactly....ride toward them as if your gonna hit them. It makes them stop and watch you. It works in the case of the guy who might make a left or right heading the opposite way in front of you.

Other than that I head for open highway asap.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:19 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Moneywoes
Don't you really hate those spinner hubcaps?
I've found very few things as reliable as watching those front wheels......I also give em a wave if they showed some courtesy, it's so rare I just have to acknowledge it.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:00 PM
chateau
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gotta love them

I watch the wheels too , and you gotta love the ones that at the last moment , feel the need to roll ahead just a little bit more. Don't they know they could cause someone to have a heart attack . Sounds stupid , but it's not funny.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Verbal
Tourer

It's bad enough when 'they don't see you', but the worst is the azzwipe that deliberately pulls out in front of you acting like he owns the road.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Fathead2003
Tourer

I run with engine guard fog lights on all the time. Five lights up front is hard to miss. Also run with three brake lights.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:34 PM
HeyYou
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Verbal
It's bad enough when 'they don't see you', but the worst is the azzwipe that deliberately pulls out in front of you acting like he owns the road.
In some parts of the country they call those people "found dead in driveway from multiple gunshot wounds"

Old 07-06-2012, 04:38 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,367 Likes on 2,541 Posts

i don't think the op is relying soley on his little weave to make himself known to the motorist at the intersection. rather, just one more tool in the toolbox to help keep yourself from being run over. oh, and btw, doesn't work so good on a roadglide

i never understood why when someone mentions something that he does to increase his visibility (headlight modulators, high vis clothing, etc.) people jump on the bandwagon about how none of that is going to replace defensive driving and that paying attention to what the cage is doing is the best way to protect yourself. is there some law somewhere that says that you can't do it all?

Old 07-06-2012, 04:39 PM
fathertime
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trhayes76
To me, eye contact is worthless, they will still pull out. I watch their front wheels....
i had 2 little old ladys look directly into my eyes...( i was positive they saw me)..then pull directly into the rt side of my bike hitting me in the crash bar and brake pedal area...sent me sprawling down the pavement at 35-40 mph....once again i was POSITIVE they saw me..NOT

Old 07-06-2012, 06:17 PM
TURQ
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

By the way, if you have a black denim bike you don't have to ride like you are invisible...you ARE invisible. I was going to get more lights but I figured they would head straight for 'em like moths. I never tried the weave, I'll do that tomorrow after I get my bike back from the dealer for replacing the cracking sidewalls on my front tire with only 2700 miles on the bike! sorry, had to vent

Old 07-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

I like the weave move. Dont you hate the rollers you see front wheels turning slow then you give them a weave they stop as you go by they act like you offended them.

Quick Reply: This works!