Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Awesome!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 01:05 PM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ZenGlide
I'm interested to know how it fits. Please post when you get it.
Sure will,

I normally get Large, but been reading a lot that these "run small"

I'll give an update next week

Old 07-08-2012, 01:21 PM
oneballz
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ddm502001
On the left is the new CF Outlaw, the new one on the right is the Fulmer Xmas present as 'the lightest, smallest DOT they had' from the missus. I took the three that I have, the old Vega the Fulmer and the Outlaw. The last is my XXL melon.
OK I understand Outlaw says its a DOT helmet. But common sense says thats hard to believe, it not much more coverage than a skull cap and only a bit thicker. I'm betting thats why you cant find them for sale, some authority has questioned the authenticity of the DOT rating.
Either way if I could find a 2xl I'd be all over it

Old 07-08-2012, 03:25 PM
mrmud4x4
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Just ordered my AX-30020-Carbon-Helmet.

Red to match my bike.....

(will post comparison pics, on my grape, with the low profile G-Max I have)

Old 07-08-2012, 03:37 PM
mrmud4x4
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by oneballz
OK I understand Outlaw says its a DOT helmet. But common sense says thats hard to believe, it not much more coverage than a skull cap and only a bit thicker. I'm betting thats why you cant find them for sale, some authority has questioned the authenticity of the DOT rating.
DOT does not have regulating authority....like say...the FDA.(yet)
The only way to be positive that your helmet is DOT compliant is to test it, and in the process, your helmet will be destroyed.
If the manufacturer shows DOT they make the helmets according to DOT specs....then the manufacturer puts the DOT tag and sticker on the helmets. (probably rests mostly on what the manufacturer tells DOT)

By "authority"....Im assuming you mean "cops".....lol....

Old 07-08-2012, 03:55 PM
ZenGlide
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by oneballz
I'm just thinking out loud here, but could it be the added strength of the carbon Fiber shell may offset the need for the thicker interior? Since the DOT test is an impact test, maybe the extra strength of the shell does absorb more impact and therefore less interior padding is needed to pass the test. It seems like the only DOT helmets I see with the reduced interior padding are made of carbon fiber. Again, I really have no idea. I'm just throwing out possibilities.

They are nice helmets. I plan to get one when they become available again. If they're foreign made, maybe there's a bunch of them sitting on a container dock somewhere.

Last edited by ZenGlide; 07-08-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:27 PM
oricko
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have had one for a year and love it. Took the snaps off and reinserted the screws

Old 07-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered 2 yesterday, 1 for me and the wife. I will see how they are. Got the red to match the bike............

Old 07-09-2012, 12:27 AM
Realwun StateBurner
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got one two weeks ago, along with a hawk flip up that rotates to the rear like the shark helmets. Paid 35 for the half, and another 100 for the flip up. Love them both

Old 07-11-2012, 01:35 PM
ZenGlide
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

FYI - LeatherUp just sent me a "back in stock" email.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:59 PM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Default How it fits

To ZenGlide, and anyone else.....

My Outlaw AX30...... glossy black came in today..... It fit just like the pictures that have already been posted!!!! wooo hoooo

I always wear a Large on these half helmets.... Some say they run small, and L's were out of stock, so I went with a XL.

1st. I wanted flat, but glossy is all I could find - I actually really like it - looks better than most stock photos (will post pics tonight if anyone wants to see them)

2 - How it fits, it is just a TAD big, not real big, but a little.... but I wanted to wear a rag underneath it anyway, and with that, it is a PERFECT fit. Would a L have fit??? not sure. It would have either been snug, or too tight I'm guessing. I'm thinking it fits better than most XL's would, so I think it does run a little small.

Quick Reply: Awesome!