Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TRAXXION DYNAMICS

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 01:48 AM
SubZer0
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TRAXXION DYNAMICS

OK, I've got a couple of questions.

1) If I installed these on my bike will I need any special tools in the future to service the forks? I.E. replacing the fork oil.

2) Do they build them to any length requested? I.E. if one wanted to lower their bike an inch or so.

3) Will the adjustablereboundfork caps fit under the Road Glideswitch bezel? Are they really needed?

Old 04-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Blueslover
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: SubZer0

OK, I've got a couple of questions.

1) If I installed these on my bike will I need any special tools in the future to service the forks? I.E. replacing the fork oil.

2) Do they build them to any length requested? I.E. if one wanted to lower their bike an inch or so.

3) Will the adjustablereboundfork caps fit under the Road Glideswitch bezel? Are they really needed?
No special tools will be needed to change fork oil...it does not need to be changed but every 20-25K on this system. They use 7wt racing fork oil...NO NEED for heavier weight oil.

They can set them up practically any height you want, keeping in mind the physical/mechanical limits of the forks themselves. Lowering an inch would not be a problem, other than you're giving up an inch of travel. The set up process accomodates for this.

The only option for our forks is the adjustment feature. I'm certain it will fit, but you are welcome to contact Dan or Mike for confirmation.

The forks come back to you with the adjustment star ***** set according to the information you provide to them on riding habits/skills. Mine were perfect as set. As the system wears, it might be beneficial to tighten the preload a bit, but the adjustment is VERY sensitive, so 1/4 turns at a time.

Hope that helps!!

Old 04-08-2007, 01:49 PM
fastbydrmike
Intermediate

My buddy had AK20's on his track 600 bike and make a world of difference. I had Ohlins on my track bike. Max Macallister at Traxxion Dynamics does great work, you probably would not be disappointed.

Mike

Old 04-08-2007, 11:32 PM
skid jackson
Cruiser

Suspension works as a unit. If you tune the front you should tune the rear too. Word up on the back end?? If you go whole hog on the front what are you going to do for the back end. It's gotta be balanced. The guy tuning the front end should be doing the back end also. you guys who are already running these ak's do anything to the back end??

Old 04-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Blueslover
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: skid jackson

Suspension works as a unit. If you tune the front you should tune the rear too. Word up on the back end?? If you go whole hog on the front what are you going to do for the back end. It's gotta be balanced. The guy tuning the front end should be doing the back end also. you guys who are already running these ak's do anything to the back end??
Totally agree with you on doing both front and rear...at the very least Progressives. The stock rear shocks on the touring bikes are POS, IMO.

I'm running Legend Air Rides on the rear...they are what made the old front end feel so awful. Now, all is well. Me and another guy are about to test a new shock Traxxion is bringing to the country...Bitubo. They are completely adjustable and will probably be somewhere in the 7 to 8 hundred dollar range. Should know something on them by the middle of May or early June...one set will go on an SEEG (05, running Progressive 440's now), and the other will go on an SEVROD running stock rears.

Progressive 440's work pretty well too.

If you do the AK-20's on the front before doing anything to the rear, it won't be long until you do something, as it becomes the weak link once you have something to compare to.

We're just used to the mushy suspension on the big bikes...you can have a great ride, good feel, and great handling/braking without having a mushy suspension.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Blueslover
Cruiser

Bump...